Author Topic: finally doing something about it! question about Dr.Fielding in Toronto  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Orly?

• Posting Member
Okay I lied I Have done something about it, and that was seeing some GP's in Ottawa however it is to expensive for me. I am going down to see Dr.Fielding in Toronto for a consultation next week. I just wanted to get some general information about making the trip down. I am taking the train which will bring me to the Union Station in Toronto. I was planning on taking a cab to my hotel(Which I have not booked yet) and then cab to Dr.Fielding`s office in time for my appointment. I was just wondering what could be the most possible efficient way of doing all that. i.e, finding a great deal on a hotel that is located near the office and taking busses or subways to my destinations. It will be my first time in Toronto, So I am not familiar with the city.

Any advice/Suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!
Thanks you

Offline waves

• Silver Member
When I was there (also an out-of-towner) I'd stayed downtown and used the subway and street car train system.  It is much cheaper than travelling by taxi and post-surgery, much smoother system (no potholes, bumps, sudden stops, etc.).  I was also really impressed how frequently everything ran.  To be honest, I had quite the blast pre and post surgery staying in downtown Toronto and using the transit system to explore everywhere.  Dr. Fielding's office is opposite the Jane Street subway station so you just get off, walk 50m or so and you're there.

Hotel wise I used priceline.com to get hotels at super cheap.  I stayed at 2 different 4 star hotels, both for $85/night.  For the consult a few months earlier I stayed at a 3.5 star for $65, but wanted the fancier hotel for my surgery.  Those prices were at least 50% cheaper.  Make sure you figure out which area of town you want to stay in before using priceline so you don't get thrown into something too far away.  I just picked the area in the southern part of downtown Toronto.

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024