Author Topic: Couple Questions  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
I am 54. Have gyne since early adolescence, a fairy decent case, too. But managed to ignore it, stay in denial, whatever. Plus until the past 10 years or so surgery was not quite as advanced as it is today it seems. (My labs are low normal, not even for a mainstream physician to give me HRT, but low enough, along with some other physical deyails (low bead growth, etc.) that it's obvious that this is a hormonal-related condition, probably something obscure with receptors, that's, nonetheless, going to remain in the idiopathic category

1. I am too old?

2. What if I am on blood pressure medicine, Micardis?

3. I have noticed in my 50s, that the adolescent seems to be getting worse or worse in proportion changing body shape, i.e less muscle. Could I be getting the old age gyne on top of or in addtion to the adolescent gyne? If so, is the risk/rewards scenario / likelihood of recurrence about the same? (Had a mammogram, so it's not breast cancer, btw.)

4. I would have to fly in (from Australia!) How long after the operation could I risk a long flight? Or Even a short flight? And what about post-op consultations? (I understand the two best are in NYC and RIchmond, Va., so that's why I am flying.)

5. Could I do this all in one trip? How many days? Or do I need a consultation in person first and then come back weeks or months later? Ideally, fly in over the Christmas holidays and back home.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
Hi

1 no u are not to old, 54 u have half your life left

2 the best is to ask a doctor about the med.

3 cant give u a good answer on that, a ps know best

4 the day after my surgery i drow my car for 3 hours straight. so it depend on how mutck pain you have

5 u probebly need a consultation first, i belive some ps can do that over internet. ask the surgeon you pic to do the op

Good luck Henrik
i finally feel like im a man

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024