Author Topic: New member - surgery with Dr. Jacobs  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
I'm new to the forum posting but have certainly read many stories over the years. Great website here.

I'm 29 and have had gyne since childhood. I have all the typical stories - never take my shirt off in public, only wear t shirts that are dark and thick, no polo shirts etc. I pretty much stick to flannel when its cool enough and other button downs in the summer. I don't have a super noticeable case and only a few people have ever commmented on it, but that is largely because i mostly hide it.

I have finally reached a point in my career where I can afford this (sort of) - borrowed it from my 401k but at least I only have to pay myself back.

Thankfully I live only a few blocks from Dr. Jacobs' office. I feel very fortunate considering all the others who said they have travelled from around the world to see him.

My surgery is planned for end of May. Like many others I plan to keep this a secret except for one friend who will pick me up. I think many of us want to keep this a secret not because we are embarrassed by it but because we know people will tell you that you don't need it, tell you that you should work out more, or tell you that nobody cares.  I've confessed the condition to a few people over the years and that is always their response.

Work should not be an issue. I will simply say I had a precautionary procedure done and they are not allowed to ask additional questions. If they do you just say it's personal.

I'm so excited to get this out of the way and wear a damn tshirt or polo this summer.  If anyone is intersted I will post updates leading up to and following surgery.   

By the way, Dr Jacobs is as advertised. Incredibly friendly and makes you feel comfortable.

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
Good luck sir please keep us updated throughout the process. I also plan on having dr Jacobs do my surgery as well. Blessings

Offline xelnaga13

Knowing you have a great surgeon is HUGE! You know you will be getting the very best result and chances of revision surgery is minimal.

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
I'm going to see Dr. Jacobs soon as well. As you said, he seems very nice, understanding, and professional. As for the secrecy thing, I'm going with a broken rib  ;D

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Good luck!

I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Just remember not to have high expectations too early and to be patient.

I just had my surgery done on Thursday and I was intent on having no expectations until after 6 months but looking at the results just 2 days post op has impressed me!

Allow yourself to be impressed with the positive differences you've noticed but have no expectations of finality until at least six months.

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
Thanks. I'm doing my best to manage expectations. I'm seeing a theme on this forum with people concerned with swelling and scar tissue. I have a moderate case (class IIA). I'm in decent shape. 30 yrs old, 6'3 and 200lb. I'm just wondering if after 4 or 5 weeks the results will be noticeable to me and ill be comfortable wearing a polo or t shirt even with swelling. Most people make the swelling sound like they had zero improvement.

Can anyone with similar measurements who had the surgery shed some light on that?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024