Author Topic: Bermant results, progressive photos (surgery was 5/1/2010)  (Read 18575 times)

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Howdy folks, this is my photo log ('phlog?') documenting my recovery from Dr. Bermant's gynecomastia surgery.  I had puffy nipples without much fat, so he removed a lot of gland and little adipose tissue.  He sewed fat flaps to prevent cratering.

23 years old
Caucasian
6'3"
215 lbs

I will try to post new photos once a week.  These first 4 are the "before" photos that Dr. Bermant took in his office.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
The first two photos are the "before" close-ups of my nips.  The second two show the gland tissue removed during surgery.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
These are from 6 days after the surgery.  Dr. Bermant had just removed my dressings and I saw the new contour for the first time.  I gotta say, it looks really good despite the bruising and swelling.  I've barely taken my compression vest off (now 11 days after surgery) so by now the swelling and bruising have improved significantly.  I will get more pictures up this weekend to show what they look like 2 weeks post op.

So here they are, my (roughly) 1 week post op pics:

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
And my last pics for now, the close-ups of the nipples from one week post-op.

DeeDubStyle619

You had a very minor case I must say. How much did that cost you if you dont mind me asking. I myself have a minor case, and cannot fathom paying $5000 or so considering little to no lipo is needed.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Yea it was minor, just puffy nipples.  They were puffy enough to elicit comments and and titty twisters over the years though, and that was major enough for me to want them gone.  The total cost was around $7000, but Dr. Bermant is the best out there and I know the money is well spent.

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
It will be the best money you ever spent. Investing in yourself is a sound inverstment. I too had surgery with dr. bermant several years ago. I am working out with a trainer every three mornings a week and look and feel like a different person.  I would have never  been able to do this with the moobs.

I had a revision surgery.  The first was from a dr. who did lypo only. wrong. so always use the best dr you can.

way to go.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
These are my 2 weeks post-op pictures.  The swelling and bruising have gone down considerably since 1 week post op and I am very pleased with the contour.  There is no cratering and very little pain left.  There are a few lumps of hard swelling but they are shrinking over time.  It sucks not working out, but I have to be patient.

Sorry about the lighting in the close up shots.  The flash wasn't going off so there is some shadowing.  I was having trouble shrinking the photos to fit on this site without losing image quality, so I have to send a PhotoBucket link.

http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy213/gynosaurus/2%20weeks%20post%20op%20May%2015%202010/

Tell me what you think!

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
I am now 3 weeks post op, and I like how the progress is coming.  The swelling is down even more, though there are still some hard areas on both sides.  Patience is important, as I am still very early in the healing process.  The skin on my chest is chafing a bit in some places because I wear the compression vest 24/7.  I am quite happy with the results so far.  My physical conditioning is awful because I haven't exercised in about a month but just wait til I can get back in the gym!

My pictures in a week will be my first after removing the steristrips, so that will be exciting.  In the mean time, here are my pictures from 3 weeks post op:

http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy213/gynosaurus/3%20weeks%20post%20op%20May%2022%202010/

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
You are on the road to a great result! Congrats!

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Hey all, today is exactly 5 weeks after my gyno surgery with Dr. Bermant.  All bruising is gone, and whatever swelling is left is totally unnoticeable.  My range of motion is back to 100% and the only discomfort is some tenderness on the surface if pressed too hard.  I took off the steri strips a week ago and am very pleased with the way things look.  My problem was puffy nipples, and there is no puffiness at all now.  It's surreal to look at my chest in the mirror and see nipples that hug the contour of my chest.

The incision scar on my right side is extremely thin, and the one on the left is a bit thicker.  Dr.  Bermant warned me that people with my skin and hair color tend to form surface scars that are redder for longer than most people, so I am not worried about the red appearance of the left incision scar.  In fact, it looks considerably better than it did a week ago when I first took off the steri strips.  I started massaging yesterday and am excited to see the healing continue.  Your opinions would be much appreciated, so speak up!

Here they are, my 5 week post op photos:
http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy213/gynosaurus/5%20weeks%20post%20op%20June%205%202010/

From now on I will be posting photos every 2 weeks.

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Amazing man. You're a pretty broad chest that looks great after surgery. My op is on 23rd of this month ! Hope to get good results. good luck with your healing. Have you already started benching again? My doc told me the compression vest is gonna be on for about 2-3months so I dunno when can I start benching again after op.
Luck :)
Sid

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the feedback, Sid.  I haven't started benching again because I am playing it extra safe.  I will probably start working out again 8 weeks post op, since Dr. Bermant's post-op care papers say that the most rapid wound healing takes place between 3 and 8 weeks.  My chest feels great now, and I could probably go for a light workout, but I'm playing it 100% safe.

Best of luck with your operation!  Make sure to post pictures and stuff.  Who's your doc?

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Today, June 19, 2010 marks the 7th week since my surgery with Dr. Bermant.  I've been massaging for 2 weeks, and it has made a tremendous difference in the feel of my chest.  All the hardened skin has softened up.  The only hardness still left is a small lump of scar under the left nipple, which is shrinking every day and I expect to be gone in the next few weeks.  Yesterday I started massaging with more pressure, and that should take care of the deeper scar mass.

FYI, even after 7 weeks I am still wearing the stage 2 compression vest 24/7.  The only time it's off is when I am massaging and showering.  I will keep it on for a few more weeks I think, just to be safe.  So here's my 7 weeks post op pictures:

http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy213/gynosaurus/7%20weeks%20post%20op%20June%2019%202010/

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Wow, your results look even better than mine.  Congrats, you must feel great about the results!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024