Author Topic: The Straw That Broke the Camel's Back  (Read 2701 times)

Offline User

• Bronze Member
It's been awhile, so let me re-introduce myself.  My name is User and I've recently turned 18 years old.  Since 5th grade (10 years old) I've had gynecomastia ranging from severe to moderate.  My chest was at its largest when I was in 8th grade.  It swelled considerably to the point where I had one of the largest chests in class, male or female.  Because of this I was mercilessly teased by everyone from some of my best friends to small children to even my own Grandmother.  I've had everything possible said to me.  Also, I was touched a lot in a borderline sexual manner.  Older boys would fondle my chest and whisper in my ears, "I want to suck on your breasts."  Years later I discovered that a boy had possibly taken a photo of myself topless and was circulating it around the school.

Needless to say my self esteem has been shattered, but up until now I've remained skeptical or possibly even against surgery.  Gynecomastia isn't bad in and of itself; it's not like a malignant tumor.  If someone wants to make a comment, then it's their problem and not mine.

I thought like this up until last night.  I was hanging out with my usual group and I decided to wear a light colored shirt (which I haven't done in quite a long time).  I sat down on a couch and my friend, who was sitting directly opposite of myself, looked me in the eye and rubbed his chest in a manner as to indicate the presence of female breasts.  I didn't know what to do.  He laughed.  Then, I was called into another room to watch the trailer for a movie.  Another friend came in, walked over to the guy who was showing me the trailer, whispered something in his ear, tapped me on the chest and then walked off.  I could've sworn I heard someone say in the next room, "He's blushing."

And that's done it.  I'm sick of living like this.  What I've written isn't that bad...heck it's pretty damn nice compared to some of the other things that have been done to me.  But it's brought out all of the anxiety and tension I experience on a daily basis.  It is odd, though.  5+ years of direct abuse wasn't enough.  It took 5 minutes that I can barely explain over the Internet and it's finished.

I'm going to contact a surgeon as soon as possible.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
Id totally stop hanging out with those supposed friends. Sorry to hear about that, it really sucks.
good luck

DrBermant

It's been awhile, so let me re-introduce myself.  My name is User and I've recently turned 18 years old.  Since 5th grade (10 years old) I've had gynecomastia ranging from severe to moderate.  My chest was at its largest when I was in 8th grade.  It swelled considerably to the point where I had one of the largest chests in class, male or female.  Because of this I was mercilessly teased by everyone from some of my best friends to small children to even my own Grandmother.  I've had everything possible said to me.  Also, I was touched a lot in a borderline sexual manner.  Older boys would fondle my chest and whisper in my ears, "I want to suck on your breasts."  Years later I discovered that a boy had possibly taken a photo of myself topless and was circulating it around the school.

Needless to say my self esteem has been shattered, but up until now I've remained skeptical or possibly even against surgery.  Gynecomastia isn't bad in and of itself; it's not like a malignant tumor.  If someone wants to make a comment, then it's their problem and not mine.

I thought like this up until last night.  I was hanging out with my usual group and I decided to wear a light colored shirt (which I haven't done in quite a long time).  I sat down on a couch and my friend, who was sitting directly opposite of myself, looked me in the eye and rubbed his chest in a manner as to indicate the presence of female breasts.  I didn't know what to do.  He laughed.  Then, I was called into another room to watch the trailer for a movie.  Another friend came in, walked over to the guy who was showing me the trailer, whispered something in his ear, tapped me on the chest and then walked off.  I could've sworn I heard someone say in the next room, "He's blushing."

And that's done it.  I'm sick of living like this.  What I've written isn't that bad...heck it's pretty damn nice compared to some of the other things that have been done to me.  But it's brought out all of the anxiety and tension I experience on a daily basis.  It is odd, though.  5+ years of direct abuse wasn't enough.  It took 5 minutes that I can barely explain over the Internet and it's finished.

I'm going to contact a surgeon as soon as possible.

There is a lot of emotion and stress involved for those living with gynecomastia.  I have heard many such episodes of teasing and torment from so many patients that I posted that extended audio / video clip to help others understand the issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024