Author Topic: Something I realized can help  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Blackman820

• Posting Member
I have one sided gynecomastia and it's not that bad, but I'm still a little self conscious about it. Normally I don't really care and I'll still wear fitted shirts or take my shirt off when I'm running. It's only when my nipple is puffier than normal that it starts to bother me more.

Anyway today when I was getting dressed I put on on a newer close fitted shirt that has a lot text chest and contrasts a fair amount with the color of the shirt. (white and green text on a gray shirt). my puffy nipple seemed a lot less noticeable under this shirt compared to one of my solid color shirts of which I wear many. So if you're worried about how it may look or if your nipples are extra puffy one day, I'd just recommend (at least for t-shirts) to wear a shirt with some contrasting text or a design across the chest. I feel a lot more confident in medium shirts that just have stuff on them so try it for yourself.

I'm gonna take a lot of my old solid color t-shirts and graphic them with spray paint and stencils.

Tell me what you think.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I realized long ago that almost any pattern will visually break up the contour of the breast and make it much less apparent.

Breast pockets will often do very much the same thing IF the pockets are left empty

Woven fabrics are much less revealing than knits.

Loose fitting garments are less revealing than those that are closely fitted.

Combining all of these elements has led, over time, to a wardrobe consisting mostly of Plaid shirts and shirts with a strong vertical pattern such as the Guayabera shirts.
Grandpa Dan

Offline BoneBleached

• Posting Member
  • Even Fools Are Right Sometimes.
I have also noticed this, I also noticed the certain brands fit different, the best 2 brands that fit my shape and make me look good are FOX and Quiksilver. So you might give those a try if you don't want to wear button ups, personally I think button ups make me look fat so I don't really wear them, I do wear a lot of polo shirts with a fairly tight under shirt, It is a decent concealment too.

The thing that makes it hard for me is I also have love handles, I got some under armour type shirts to wear under my shirts, the flatten my chest but just make my love handles look bigger so it's kind of a won/lose.
Tired of being that one link that just cant break

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024