Author Topic: Just had gyne surgery few hours ago, question  (Read 2105 times)

Offline panzee

• Posting Member
I'm literally still in hospital typing this, had surgery earlier today. Doctor have told me that he will use a small hole thats outside of the chest to remove the fat from inside the chest, and if he couldn't remove the lump he will open the under side of nipple to complete the job, but he made it clear that there's a chance that he don't even need to open the nipple, and if he didn't need to do it, it's better, if he could remove all the gyne within this small hole, much better for looks, and recovery, as he said.

Anyway now after surgery he just came to me, and told me that he didn't have to open the nipple, so I have no scars whatsoever, only the hole which will either heal or show as a mole later in life as he says, but really my question. Is this a normal practice? will this get the job done? I haven't seen my chest yet, its wrapped and above the wrap i have a germent on. basicaly what I am trying to ask, did somebody do it that way and looked fine? Thanks.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Im not trying to scare you "but" I might be a little concerned about how much tissue he was able to surgically remove "if he had to".

When my doc had me sign my paperwork it said LIPO WITH POSSIBLE INCISION. I said "whoa"! He then reassured me that he was def doing incision below the nipple and removing nearly 90% of the tissue.

It is possible that your doc did remove tissue. You should ask him how much he removed. 50% of it? 85% of it?

Some docs remove it by "remote locations". Most of the British guys have there's removed by the outer chest. I wouldn't worry if that's the technique he used.

And yes he can remove the tissue that way.

Offline panzee

• Posting Member
Hi jay, thats exactly what he told me before the operation, he said he will do lipo and possible incision if needed, he told that he will try to remove 80% of the fat in my chest because its mostly fat in there, and possible incision to cut under the nipple, but then he ended up only doing lipo, he said that he didn't need the incision, but I am still not sure how the result is.

Is it normal to have the surgery and not remove the medical gauze for few days post operation? is this normal? because I'm back home and still with the same Medical gauze that was first put on me during operation and above the Medical gauze there's a tight vest, doctor told me to keep thoose on and come back to him on saturday, which is 4 days after operation.

the bad this is that gauze is filled with blood on the outter sides, is this how everybody does it, he told me not to remove anything till saturdays

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
This is what worries me.
Surgeons who use a certain technique like remote incision usually use that technique all the time to remove the TISSUE not just lipoing fat.
Im not sure how many surgeons vary in their technique.

From what I've read the real good surgeons use the same technique they've perfected everytime. Im not sure if one would say "I'm going to remove the tissue by remote location and if that doesn't work then I'll use incision on the areola".

You shouldn't worry until you talk with your doc. As long as he got the tissue out "if there was any to remove" you should be fine. Make sure to ask when he removes your bandages.

It's good to wrap your chest up like that after surgery. Its closing the open cavity that's left from the surgery. It helps to prevent fluid build up and is a must for the first 48 hours. The blood is nothing to worry about. Since you picked this doc you have to put some trust in him. If he gave you instructions you should follow them.

Try not to worry too much. What doc did you use?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:43:45 PM by jay adams »

Offline panzee

• Posting Member
Today is my 4 days post-op, and my first look at my chest, I just came back from the doctor and let me tell you, I am surprised with the results, the doctor said that it is swelling right now and will take few weeks for it to see the final results, he even didn't want me to look at my chest right now, but I had a very short glance in the mirror and it looked fine. the plus side is I don't have scar at all because he didn't use incision, it was all done by lipo and I even asked him if he removed the gland, he said that using lipo only he removed a big amount of fat since all my chest was a fat thats build up, and I had a small gland which he also removed by the lipo, and he told me that after the swelling it will even look better, even though I am happy with the way it looked right now. He also told me to keep wearing the vest, and if i have to remove it just for 10mins to take a quick shower and then wear it again, and he said if I took off the vest for a long time, there will be fluid building which will require to be removed by him, so I must not remove the vest for long period of times.

I couldn't ask of his technique because I wouldn't understand a thing, but whatever he did, he done it well. I'm happy that the only thing that will show few months later is a small dot under my chest to the outter side of body, which is cool.

The only thing that I noticed, and I'm not sure if its true or not yet as I didn't take a long look at my chest as I said, that my chest muscle is slightly smaller? I remember that the upper part of my chest used to be more muscluer, I don't know if its just the fat that made it look more muscluer or if it was really more muscluer and the operation made it look small, and if thats the case will it come back to its normal size or not? another question that comes to mind regarding the same subject, can a lipo surgery cause the upper chest muscle to get smaller by mistake? for example a doctor mistakenly remove muscle tissue? or is that a 100% can never happen, forgive me if this sounds stupid but I had to ask.

Offline panzee

• Posting Member
can someone with experience answer my last question, to make it short, is it possible that a doctor makes a mistake and remove chest muscle while he's doing lipo for gyno? or is that just stupid and can never happen? Because after surgery while chest look good, I notice that the upper part of chest is smaller, it was muscluer before the surgery.

Offline TheTimeIsNigh

• Posting Member
I'm no doc.. but i'm certain that didn't happen..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Unless a surgeon is incompetent, no muscle is removed during gyne surgery.  What may be removed is some fat overlying the muscle so that you would have an even, thin pinch of skin and fat over the entire muscle, from the collarbone down to the lower ribs.  Then the skin will usually tighten and you will reveal the normal muscular contours that you originally had.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024