Author Topic: Post gyne surgery question  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Hope2Help

• Posting Member
Hi guys, recently had gyne surgery and the whole experience was rather calm and good.

My only conern is my nipples are very asymmetrical. Like very. Is this just post op body adjusting behaviour or will my chest  always look like this?

See the image attached for better explanation

Thanks in advance, Nat

hammer

Remember that the body needs time to heal after any kind of surgery! You will have many different things that can go on with your body during recovery as it was traumatic for your body! Give yourself time to heal, and do the required things that you must do in your post-op instructions, and play the waiting game.

Good luck,
Bob

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
This might be a time to look at some pre-op photos of yourself.  Oftentimes there is the same asymmetry prior to surgery -- but you naturally concentrated on your gyne.  Now that the gyne is presumably gone, you are focusing on the minor asymmetries that you perceive -- no doubt because you are looking at your new chest 100 times a day.

Bear in mind that operations for gyne have two major purposes:  reduce the gyne and do it with the most minimal of scars.  That implies that minor asymmetries will not be dealt with -- for to so would increase the number of scars and increase the complexity of the operation and most assuredly, increase the cost.

Virtually no human being is mirror-image symmetric.  There are always minor asymmetries which, in fact, make us human and not like stamped out pieces of plastic on an assembly line.  The asymmetries may be due to rib cage asymmetries, scoliosis or even asymmetries of the pec muscles themselves.

Would suggest you focus on the overall improvement of your chest instead of the minor asymmetries that you now are looking at "for the first time."

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024