Author Topic: Whats happening under there  (Read 1441 times)

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
So everybody talks about how it takes 6 months in order to see results and I'm just curious as to what is happening under the skin during all of these months. For me, I'm 12 days post-op and the bruising is all but gone (very very faint). I can feel some hard lumps here and there, but I'm assuming that isn't scar tissue, but maybe just hurt tissue from the lipo. So what goes on between now and month 6 (give or take)? Let me put it another way... what were your guys' progression of 'symptoms' after surgery...for me, it was.

1. Bruising and pain (Days 1-3)
2. Bruising, pain fading (Days 4-12)
3. Hard lumps kind of all around the area (Days 5-12)
4. I can't really tell whats swollen or not... I guess thats the hardest part?

hammer

Depending on how much removal had to be done will determine your time span for healing too, but during this time the healing on the inside will work at its own speed. The best example I can give is as a doctor once said. You fall or run into a wall, get a big knot/bump on your head. In 1-2 weeks the bump and bruise is all gone, but the damage on the inside is still in the healing process and my take several months to complete depending on how bad it is.

You can still get swelling and scare tissue as time goes, or you may not everyone is different. I went through 9 hours of back surgery on a Friday and went home on the following Monday! The doctors that took care of me said that they have never seen that happen before, but I'm bull headed. That was in 2009, I don't think I could do that now.

Offline ash1979

Hey Man,

So I am 4 1/2 weeks post op. I had pretty much the same experience as you did for the first 2 weeks. Pain for the first few days. The first shower I took at 3 days after was quite the experience. Pretty painful and just so weird feeling having the drains hanging out of me! At 4 weeks the bruising is pretty much gone. The scars below the areolas are healing really well and hardly noticeable.  I still have creases through my nipples though, don't know if those will ever smooth out. My chest and especially nipple area are still pretty sensitive to the touch and pretty numb.

Unfortunately I can't answer your question about what exactly is going on with the swelling. I am feeling the same way as you... As of now I am feeling that there was definitely an improvement but I am hoping I am still looking at some swelling to go down.

Do you have any pics?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
not to answer question directly, but keep in mind as you go that freaking out is part of the process and normal   ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024