Author Topic: Tried my first underwire bra  (Read 3708 times)

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I normally just wear a bra when working out. I am a 38a/b it is nearly impossible to find a 38a bra and 38b is meh normally not snug.. Mainly gaping at top while supporting at the band and lower part. I guess i have shallow breast. While I have a few decent sports bra's I wear when on the treadmill. So I ran across a jockey bra when surfing amazon it on sale for only 8$ figured what do I have to lose. 

Jockey Women's Bra Smooth & Sleek Supersoft Demi Coverage Underwire T, Iceberg, 32DD at Amazon Women’s Clothing store

At first it was snug loved the cup size pondered wearing an extender figured meh will wear it and see what happens..  It within 1-2 days fits like a glove it is not to tight. Mostly actually wear it on tightest hook.

I don't wear it all the time. My wife knows I wear a bra sometimes when working out however not every day and I do not plan to wear everyday but occasionally I feel like I may want some extra support.. It does not show under shirts it lifts which can cause some projection but as long as I wear a thinker dark tshirt no one notices it seems. Just figured out I would share if any one has to try an underwire bra. I highly recommend. Wish It was unlined as it is lightly lined so it does add very light padding but o well. 

Here is a picture of me in it.

Offline Johndoe1

Looks good on you. Gives you a nice shape and good containment. If you have to use the tightest hooks, not the correct size. But if it's doing what you need, that's the bottom line. Underwire is all I wear. It supports and contains me the best. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
"Underwire is all I wear. It supports and contains me the best."
I agree!, the girls at Torrid tried to sell me on a wire-free bra. They told me how much they loved them, but then again, they don't have as big of boobs as me. 😉
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Gino

• Bronze Member
All but a few bras I own or have owned were underwire types. Wireless bras move all over my chest, up, down, sideways and I found myself absentmindedly adjusting them while out and about. It's expected to see women do that, but for me it's just not right. Underwired bras stay where I put them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 10:10:21 PM by Gino »

Offline 42CSurprise!

Fortunately, I read a great deal on the topic of men wearing brassieres and learned that most men eventually move to underwire brassieres.  That was where I began in first shopping for brassieres.  Of course, I was and remain far too timid to go for a fitting at local boutique or department store so I explored online..  Much of that adventure happened when I was active on this website so I shared what I learned here.  Eventually I found a brassiere that fit my breasts perfectly but to make that brassiere work I needed an extender as well as a small strap to hold the shoulder straps in place.  This means I have to reach behind my back to close the brassiere but I'm still agile enough that I can do that.

My breasts are large enough that I could wear a brassiere every day but when I do wear one I can't think about much more than my breasts.  So if I want to get on with my day it is best if I don't wear a bra.  My breasts are still there but my mind can meet the rest of the world.

An underwire brassiere with adequate side support pulls everything together to create an appealing form.  Personally, I prefer an unlined cup.  If my nipples show through it is not a problem for me because I'm generally not out and about when I'm wearing one or another of my favorite brassieres.  

Enjoy the journey my friend.  This is a great place to discuss matters not suited for conversations with friends.  

Offline Johndoe1

I tried a softcup bra to start with but quickly switched to underwire. I felt there wasn't enough containment for me. I do enjoy a nice softcup lounging bra on the weekends if I am staying home. It gives just enough support and containment to be comfortable. But if I need to go out, I will change into an underwire to give me better support and containment and cause less discomfort through movement and jiggling. 

Offline Justagirl💃

My breasts are large enough that I could wear a brassiere every day but when I do wear one I can't think about much more than my breasts.  So if I want to get on with my day it is best if I don't wear a bra.  My breasts are still there but my mind can meet the rest of the world.
Mine are large enough that I can't go braless without giving myself neck pain. 

A CNA yesterday said that my breasts are larger than all the CNA's except one. 🤭

Offline 42CSurprise!

A CNA yesterday said that my breasts are larger than all the CNA's except one. 🤭
So you're telling us in no uncertain terms that you're STACKED!    You are a big girl now.  

Offline Justagirl💃

So you're telling us in no uncertain terms that you're STACKED!    You are a big girl now. 
Most definitely not small: 

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I have that same bra. 38B...love the fit
Its like a glove.. Wish they would go on sale again so I can get a second one to alternate... 

Offline Busty

Sofa, that bra looks great on you

Offline 42CSurprise!

Great to see you posting Busy.  I haven't seen you around for a while, but then I haven't been around much myself.  Hope you're doing well!

Offline Justagirl💃

20240717_053748_HDR2.jpg title=20240717_053748_HDR2.jpgImage Enlarger

I have my outfit ready for today, and it will be a scorcher again. Shorts and a tee with a nice underwire bra under things. 😘

I only have one bra that's not an underwire, and I only wear it for X-rays, MRI's, or CAT scans. 

When life gives you curves, flaunt them! 💃
WWB-smileyboobs.jpeg title=WWB-smileyboobs.jpegBirdieWWB-smileyboobs-1.jpeg title=WWB-smileyboobs-1.jpeg

Offline Evolver

I am a 38a/b it is nearly impossible to find a 38a bra and 38b is meh normally not snug..
That bra looks nice on you, sofa. I'm glad that you have found something that suits you and that you enjoy wearing it.

I'm also a A-cupper but normally in a 40 band, so I know how hard it can be to find something suitable. I have one underwire bra which I adore. It is a 40B, unlined semi-lace bra, but despite swooping and scooping, it still has a little bit of room in the cups. But when I wear it, it feels great. Here 'tis: Hestia Women's Lace Underwire Bra - White | BIG W

When I first wore it, I immediately discovered how different to a wire-free bra they are. The band only stretches at the back, so they have less give. I thought that I could fill the cups due to swooping and scooping compared to a 40B wire-free bra, but no, the cups are larger to cater for breasts despite that. I have experimented with underwire t-shirt or balconette bras with padded cups as well, but I just don't like them. I did manage to find a 40A strapless t-shirt bra a few months ago but the cups were ridiculously large and it was more like a 40C!

Since then, I have reverted back to wire-free bras (also racer back crops). One of the first ones that I bought about 5 years ago was also a 40B, but it ended up so stretched that I just had to replace it. This particular brand/model bra has been updated since, and I took a chance a few weeks ago and bought it in a 38B, hoping that the cups would be a bit smaller and that the band would be stretchy enough to replace my old 40: Emerson Women's Lace Detail Wirefree Bra - White | BIG W

This latest purchase is totally awesome! The band is now much deeper than the old model, a proper 2" and made of powermesh, with three rows of hooks not two. As we know, the band does most of the work. The straps are narrower compared to my old bra but they have a more angular approach to the band, so slippage is non-existent. The frame around the cups still allows me to successfully swoop and scoop as well, and I end up just as projected as my 40B underwire. I honestly feel lovely wearing it and I love feeling myself in it. 😉

Moral of the story, there are some great wire-free bras out there, and the total stretch of then might enable going down a size for an equally as effective fit for those of us on the smaller end of the spectrum.

Sizes depicted in the links: 18B = 40B, 16B = 38B.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 08:25:29 AM by Evolver »

Offline blad

One frustration I have is a limited selection of unlined bras these recent years. 

Particularly for travel, the unlined bras pack easier with less bulk and allow me to take a larger number to change out of. Further, when traveling and walking about, an unlined bra dries out faster from any sweat from activity on hot days. We often go to Europe each year for two months or more at a time and try to limit our luggage to one carry on each. Lined cups are just so much bulkier to pack and take forever to dry out and feel kind of gross when sweaty. At home it is not as much of a big deal but I still think the unlined cups are more convenient to wear. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024