Author Topic: OHIP - What is the policy  (Read 3134 times)

Offline SW_ON_Huge_Moobs

• Posting Member
I only became aware of Male Breast Reduction surgury when I heard on the radio a couple of years back that the Ontario Government would no longer cover this (and the DJs had a good laugh over the condition).

It seems that I am reading on some of the posts here that OHIP does cover this to an extent - or is it only for those under a certain age.  If so they should "grandfarther" those of us who DIDN'T KNOW they could get this when they were under whatever threshold there may be.

I see reference to also going to OHIP directly or going to your MPP  - maybe one should go to such a meeting with an MPP topless for maximum effect.  :-[  

It would be a sad irony and insult if, after all these years, of paying taxes that support the whole health care system I now fall through the cracks on something that has been so difficult for me.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
Hey man, ohip covers the excision part of the surgery(The Gland) but you have to cover the lipo part and the fee can range from 1000-1500$ is the last figure I've read on these boards,
A lot of us canadian boys have gone to see a dr. fielding in toronto...hope this helps...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024