Author Topic: Question to Surgeons: What can I reasonably expect?  (Read 1763 times)

Offline bourree

Over a year ago, I had gynecomastia surgery.
I'm not totally happy with how things turned out. One side is ok, but the other side is puffy. The aerola is quite big, and I feel a hard lump behind it.
On the other hand, there is no doubt that its a huge improvement to how I was before surgery, when I had a moderate case of gynecomastia. Now, I just don't like how one nipple looks, but with clothes on its quite ok.

I wanted to ask the other doctors: do you believe my surgeon "messed up" and owes me a revision surgery? Or do you believe that I am wrong in expecting perfection from my surgeon, given that I started with a significant case of gynecomastia and the surgery was a huge improvement?

What would you say about my situation now...is it all in my head, and I look fine? Or is it an obvious asymmetry that should be corrected?
I spoke with my surgeon about this maybe 6 months ago. He acknowledges that its not 100% perfect, but he says I should compare my results to where I started and notice the huge improvement (which is fair).

img217.imageshack.us/img217/7628/1000225n.jpg
img713.imageshack.us/img713/1853/1000226z.jpg
img864.imageshack.us/img864/254/1000224dc.jpg

(please copy/paste these url's into browser..for some reason the forum does not let me post links)

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Hard to say without seeing the before photos. To me, at those angles, it doesn't look too bad.
Try to get that nipple at and angle where you can see how much it sticks out- if that is the case, and post those photos.
Did you have excision or lipo only? And did the doctor instruct you to wear a vest- if so for how long?
I'm no surgeon, but have been obsessively researching because I plan to get surgery this year.

Offline scrabble

• Bronze Member
Mmm, does the post op care extend to a year? The main problem is, that although it's probably gone past the stage the doctor can say it's just swelling, s/he may say you've gained weight - something which will void my post op care. Go back to your doctor and ask: say you're very happy with the work and that's it is a massive difference, but you'd like a small revision... only way to know is by asking ;)

Offline bourree

Bump.
Any thoughts on this? Surgeons? Anyone else?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024