Author Topic: Does gyno have to be under the nipple? Finasteride side effects  (Read 1797 times)

Offline seank

Hi I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is the right area to ask this question. I took finasteride for around a week and a half for hair loss and had to stop because of chest pains and what seemed to be lumps forming in my chest area. I'm 20 years old and quite slim so I just presumed that there was no way I could get gyno that quickly considering I've never had to problem before. I went to three different doctors and they all gave me different answers, one said I just had costochondritis, one said they were 'fat nodules', and one said it was a normal amount of breast tissue. 
The lumps are not located under the nipple, but rather starting above the nipple, and stretching a couple of inches up my chest muscle. Does this sound like gyno? The lumps are not visible whatsoever, but can be felt if you dig into the skin and pinch. Since I've stopped the drug, the pain has pretty much gone and the lumps have definitely reduces in size. Not sure what to think as a number of doctors told me it's not gyno, but I can't see what else it would be

Offline TigerPaws

Welcome.

Everyone is different in their reaction to any medication and Finasteride can reduce your Testosterone which if you are predisposed to developing breast tissue or Aptos fat deposits then any reduction will begin to show pretty quickly.

Without extensive and expensive blood tests there is not way for anyone to know exactly what is going on with you. The reason you have received three different opinions from three different doctors is because without direct and specific measurable information you are getting their best guess (opinion).

Do what you feel is right, but do you really need a full head of hair to be a man? Or is it simply vanity?    

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024