Author Topic: Dr. Bermant, does the way a PS closes a wound make a difference?  (Read 3007 times)

Offline proxie

• Posting Member
I mean if you either use steri strips, regular or dissolveable sutures, does it help with how the scar forms?  Does the skill of a surgeon matter when it comes to closing wounds?  I look at photos from post-op people on this board and you can see just the difference on how either precise the incision was made, or some that were slightly sloppy looking.  Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:52:26 AM by cleanup »

DrBermant

I mean if you either use steri strips, regular or dissolveable sutures, does it help with how the scar forms?  Does the skill of a surgeon matter when it comes to closing wounds?  I look at photos from post-op people on this board and you can see just the difference on how either precise the incision was made, or some that were slightly sloppy looking.  Thank you so much.

How the wound is closed is part of the art of the surgical sculpture.  A sloppy closure often means worse scars.  It is not just how the surface is closed, but how the deeper tissues are treated is critical.  I prefer to individualize the closure for each of my patients as part of my Dynamic Technique Chest Sculpture.

Caution Graphic Pictures

You can see pictures during surgery of my closure techniques here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:52:47 AM by cleanup »

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:53:16 AM by cleanup »

DrBermant

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:53:33 AM by cleanup »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024