Author Topic: Nike + advert?!?!  (Read 10411 times)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Good for them.  Many companies just have an automated reply system that says somebody will respond some day, which never really happens.  That's honestly what I expected to happen with your email, GB.  I'm impressed with Nike's prompt and respectful response... Now let's see where it goes from there... 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Is this commercial playing in the US or just in the UK?

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Since I have not had a response to my last post, please tell me if you have seen this in your country and which country that is?

I have not seen it in the USA, but I see very little prime time or sports TV.

Merle

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
I have not seen it in the UK, however obviously i'm not sat in front of the TV all day.  Not sure if this has been any help  ;)

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
It is, thanks. Has anyone seen it in the USA?

Merle

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I saw it here in the UK about a week ago on Channel 5.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member
still waiting for a reply from ofcom but i'm pretty sure it will come soon, last time I complained it was a pretty prompt response :o

Offline AnyGuy

• Posting Member
And to think that I've been supporting this company by buying Nike Vent Compression Vests to hide this condition :(.

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member
Got a letter from them today - they said they did not think there was sufficient grounds for them to intervene based on my complaint.

"In this case, we did not think the advertising was likely to have those effects because although some viewers with gynecomastia would be sensitive to the theme, the context of the ad was clearly related to exercise and the particular dicomfort experienced by the would-be runner. It was not related to any kind of medical condition and was unlikely to be interpreted that way or as mockey of people with gynecomastia. The ad was therefore unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence amongst viewers.

we recieved only one complaint on the subject so it does seem your concern is not widely shared."

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
"We recieved only one complaint on the subject so it does seem your concern is not widely shared."

Okay then, every single member of this site should send in a 'complaint'...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I should complain that they are making unfounded and untrue medical claims... I've been wearing Nike shoes since I was a kid and they DIDN'T get rid of my gyne.   ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024