Author Topic: working out post surgery  (Read 3144 times)

Offline whimper

• Posting Member
i get my vest off tomorrow after 6 weeks of having it on and i don't know if i'm comfortable working out again...
there's a strange feeling in my nipples that's sort of painful that's kind of making me cautious..

Offline LFC

• Posting Member
I'd be interested to hear what others have experienced as well.

I'm still a week and a half away from ditching the compression vest but I'm starting to stock up on Nike Pro compression gear and Under Armor.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Here's a link to the "post op workout" article posted on this site:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/general/pwo.shtml

It's a must-read for anybody who's had gyne surgery and wants to start working out.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline flex1appeal

I personally started working out again lightly after 3 weeks. Was still wearing my compression vest at 5 weeks post op and ditched it. I was going heavy by week 6 no problems.

Offline Punta

• Bronze Member
I had my first gym workout (if you could call it that) yesterday, 10 days after gland excision. I had a post op appointment yesterday morning before hand and my healing is rapid. Although my nipples are still sore, swelling is almost zero and only slight tenderness from the area where the tissue was removed. I only have to wear the vest for 4 more days and then gone. I also now walk an hour daily (slowly) which started 4 days post op at 20 mins.

When I say gym workout, was not anything really. More just a step in the gym and get my head right. All I did was push a bit of blood through all muscle groups, except chest. The weights were that light 40 kg chicks were shaming me out. The entire thing took about 30 mins and I felt like I had woken up my muscles. Mental state much better today. I will do the same thing every day this week, just increasing weights slightly. Today, I have even more movement in my chest area and can lift my arms over my head, no pain at all. Although I am being extremely carefully, I am really happy with my progress. I thought I would be a couple of weeks off where I am now. I have had numerous friends have the same op with the same surgeon and they all healed just as quickly.

Unsure if not having any lipo has resulted in my healing quickly. I am not suggesting anyone do what I have done so quickly, everyone  heals differently  and other factors play a part such as skill of surgeon, post op care (I have had lymphatic treatment every second day since the op) and type of procedure. I just thought I would share my experience. Ultimately, listen to your surgeon and your body.

Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024