Author Topic: Whats the first step?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline jimw15

• Posting Member
I live in London ON and was wondering what is the first step to take? I have puffy nipples which seem to be caused by very large glands right  behind them. So do I just go to a regular doctor to see his opinion and who he would refer me to or do I go straight to say Dr. Fielding? Do regular doctors ever deal with things like this anyway?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Jim...

Don't bother with your GP dude. Contact a PS directly to setup a consultation.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
actually, to be honest, i would suggest you see your general physician just so that you can have blood tests taken. i know a lot of people here think its not necessary and a few doctors too, but other beleive that having surgery without having blood tests first is not a good idea. although very rare, the gynecomastia could be caused by hormonal imbalance (plus tests are free and you generally get the results in about 10 days.

what i think would be best is take the appointment with the surgeon but also take an appointment with your familly doctor. chances are, you'll see your doctor and have the tests before you can actually see your surgeon.

just a though (my personnal 2 cents)
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
actually, to be honest, i would suggest you see your general physician just so that you can have blood tests taken.

Good point...  Also, you may want to see an Endocrinologist...

However for choosing a PS, do the research yourself dude. Most PS's don't require a referral from your GP. Make sure that the PS that you choose has good credentials and performs GRS frequently...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024