Author Topic: Feilding or lista in toronto?  (Read 4194 times)

john20to

Hello,

so, im trying to figure out which surgeon to go with...i want someone near york region, downtown is fine too. I know that lista is in Missiauga, and feilding is in Downtown- so im thinking of going with Feilding. But, based on some recent posts regarding a surgery 'gone wrong' by Feilding , im kinda worried, and am reluctant to go to feilding- but i REALLY like his prices, i hear he doesnt charge more than $2000?. Anyhow, let me know what you guys think, and if you know of any more doctors...PLEASE letme know!

thanks

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
based on some recent posts regarding a surgery 'gone wrong' by Feilding , im kinda worried, and am reluctant to go to feilding.

This surgery 'Gone Wrong', did the patient wait the full year to allow his body to heal fully? Or did he only wait a few (semi-healed) weeks before passing judgment on the abilities of JCF?

Also, we all heal differently. If a guy's body doesn't respond to healing very well, and doesn't get optimal results, does this mean that the doc did a bad job? That's something to ponder huh? ;)

Then there's BDD...

i REALLY like his prices, i hear he doesnt charge more than $2000?.

It's not that JCF doesn't charge more than 2 large, he charges the same amount as Dr. Lista. However, OHIP chips in a bit by paying for excision and all hospital charges. The patient pays for the lipo portion of the procedure. What you see quoted (Fielding) is for lipo only. OHIP will not pay for lipo as they consider it a 'cosmetic' procedure.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
totally agree. i had my first surgery exactly a year ago this week but i dont beleive the fact that my gyne is back is not a sign that Fielding is not a good doctor but just that my body reacted differently to the surgery... i'm going to revision

i dont think we can really be the judges of who is or who is not a good doctor. you can only check for experience and how comfortable you feel with the doctor, with its procedure and approach. as for the rest, i dont really see how we can determine if a doctor is good or not, especially when it comes to "cosmetic surgeries"
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
If the OHIP doesnt pay for the procedure, How did I get AHC to pay for mine? The doctor told me that he charges every Gynecomastia surgry to AHC. It is the doctors choice to charge AHC or the patient. And thats both lipo and excision.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
i guess your doctor found a way to prove that the lipo was not purely cosmetic. i know not all doctors have been able to do that (or maybe they dont put the same effort into it, i dont know...), but it also depends on the province. for instance no need to try in QC...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024