Author Topic: My day under the knife...  (Read 21171 times)

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the moral support.

My compression vest is pretty tight, i get out of breath too sometimes. i have extra padding on the left side to make it tighter but STILL it comes back. Will be taking the padding off again tonight and i really hope i dont find yet more fluid. i need a break here!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Hustler,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it with fluid build up post op.  I seem to recall a chap in the US having a similar problem for several weeks as well.  He was drained many times and eventually that sorted it.

We all heal differently and it is impossible to know just what to expect, but hang on in there and it will get better.  After all this aggravation that you have had, you will feel all the better for finally getting rid of your boobs.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
Day 17

Well, it seems the fluid IS building up again but looks to be less again this time. Im actually starting to feel human and despite the problems ive had, i AM honestly happy with the progress. Still have very limited movement in my left arm, but my right is pretty good (Which is a bonus as i am right handed).

Hopefully the fluid will go on its own and maybe i wont have to go tbakc to see Mr Levick again..... i guess i will make that decision on Thursday.

Thanks for your supportive comments guys

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
Day 19

Woo Hoo... happy days!!! at last i can sleep on my side!!!!! lol

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
lol yeah i started sleeping on my side a bit now tho every now and again ill get a shooting pain if i move too much. it hasn't been 2 weeks yet but it feels like forever!

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
3 Weeks !

Update... (For those of you that are interested)

Seems i DO have a fair amount of fluid building up again. Will speak to Mr Levick tomorrow and see if he wants me to come in.

Sleeping MUCH better these days, does wonders for your state of mind.

Other than the fluid (And it still being VERY painful to touch) i am more than happy with it.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Yes we are interested.  Keep on in there.

Good luck and keep posting.

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
Mr Levick called me last night to see how things were (He really does go that extra mile for his clients). We are going to see how things go over the weekend then i will phone him monday and we will decide if i need to have fluid drained again.

Chest is still really sore to touch but appears to be getting better sloely. all bruising has gone now

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
1 month

Well, im off to see Mr Levick again today for more fluid draining.  Still VERY painful to touch, still look like a road accident, still limited movement. still starting to think that this was a bad idea

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear that you're still not recovered Hustler.  Do you smoke, by the way, as I've been told it takes smokers a little longer to get over surgery.  Perhaps it's just the way Levick goes about things.  Anyway, I'm sure you'll be doing press ups in no time!  Luckily, I'm 8 days post-op now and would be fine to go back to my job (as an Archaeologist) if it weren't for the fact I've come down with a nasty cold!   >:(

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
No, i dont smoke. So you are fine after 8 days??!!!!! Did you have excision & lipo???

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
I had lipo and excision.  I wouldn't say I'm 'fine'.  Still a quite sore from bruising and can't quite move my arms up and back as far as normal, but yeah, not doing too badly.  If I didn't have this ruddy cold I'd be back digging at work (I'm an Archaeologist).  Sorry, that probably doesn't make you feel better  :-[

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
well, no, it doesnt, but glad to hear things are working out for you.

I went back for my 3rd draining on Thursday. This time i really do hope it doesnt come back

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
5 weeks

Well, it seems i wont have to go back for more fluid to be drained althouth i do have some, it should go in time.

I can stop wearing this vest during the day after this weekend, just wearing it a t night.  Trouble is, still very painful, more so when i have the vest off.

Oh well. will probably stop posting now. good luck all

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024