Author Topic: overweight versus toned  (Read 1961 times)

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Hi all,
Just a question from my generall observation I concider myself to be very fitt and do not carry much body fat at all, one year ago I was obese but that is a different story. But it just seems that people that do not carry much body fat and are mostly glandular tend to get much better results from surgery remember this is just a observation that I have made. But why is that if it is the case. Even myself I am going for surgery and I do not carry much body fat but the PS demanded that there has to be gland removed and lipo I thought that he was trying to ripp me off at first get some more money out of me but it is true I do need that done as I found out after being on this forum as he said it will give the best results.
So is it the fact that there is little work to be done on someone that is carrying less fat. Is it lose skin from the overweight people that get the surgery that causes some abnormality. Because I see a lot of overweight people get the surgery and there seems to be lose skin or the concave look or both.

I am just really stressed out would like to get the surgery but I am worried that I am going to look worse then what I went in as. I really do wish that I had not have found this site because before I found this site I would have had it done without even thinking about the concicunces. But at the same time glad I found it because it is going to let me make a better informed dicission but it is really starting to do my head in I really do not know what to do.

To tell you the truth I really do not like the way that I look at the moment I am not happy at all and I am losing confidence by the day so would you all say just go ahead and do it. Remembering that I am really comfortable with my PS but as I heard on the forum they are only human he may have got it perfect everytime but my case could be the case he gets it wrong.

Offline greatdane

• Posting Member
Let us know how it goes. I'm in the same situation as you as I'm already pretty toned and have never been overweight. That said I've had puffy nipples since puberty and I'm tired of it. Although I'm no expert on the subject I would say that the more you're taking out when it comes to gland or lipo the better chance you might take out too much on one side and when we're talking about comparing a firm chest to one with a lot of loose skin these doctors can't necessarily perform miracles. I'm going in for an appointment to see about surgery so hopefully everything goes well.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
In many cases, the glandular tissue will cause there to be estrogeneous fat stores around the nipple area.  At 7% body fat, I was able to notice glands, as well as adipose (fat) tissue in the nipple area.  Of course I dont have that problem anymore since my surgery ;D (btw, both excision and lipo)

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
This concept of "glandular tissue causing estrogeneous fat stores around the nipple area"...

Where did you hear about this? Are you just making it up from observation or is there a more scientific explanation.  I haven't heard about it before is all. 

Are you saying that the gland itself causes fat to be stored in the nipple area or something?  Is there a doctor on here that could comment on this?
Surgery done 18th March 2008

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024