Author Topic: BKKROSS Surgery in Bangkok......Now with Pre-Op & 10 week Post-Op Pics  (Read 9626 times)

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
In support mate it took me a long time to return to the gym. I thought i'd be back in 2 weeks but in reality it took me about 8 weeks before I felt confident to do a half decent workout. I still have a significant lump/swelling and  some bruising at 12 weeks my left side still hurts to touch but the area is reducing
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline outertrial

God still, its been weeks hasnt it. Try arnica.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
BKRoss - keep the compression vest on as well.

You shouldn't be in any pain after so long.  Take some fresh pics so we can see and give you feedback.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
dude, that sucks.  Give it some more time.  At least till the 14th when you see the Dr.  Then maybe take a new course of action after getting your Dr.'s feedback.

Offline outertrial

Why dont you threaten him with strong measures.

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Ross, sorry to hear you're still suffering.   You could try wearing the compression vest again; in my opinion you took it off far too early.   And, as you said, alcohol isn't helping matters.  Get some stronger painkillers from Bumrungrad hospital if necessary rather than suffer in silence.

Try to eat as much raw, fatty food as possible; your body is crying out for raw nutrients to help heal itself.   Raw fish and seafood soothe the nerves.   Take raw coconut meat -- plenty of that in Bkk.   Raw eggs and unheated honey also good.   Avocadoes too.   And Thai 'som-tam' salads.   Don't delude yourself that Thai cooked food is particularly healthy; both Indonesians and Filipinos live longer lifespans.

Remember: many blokes take better care of their cars than their bodies!   Good health comes from study and conscious effort, not merely satisfying the taste buds.   Hang in there ... things can only improve.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
make them appear soon.  let us give you an unbiased opinion

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Ross asked me to post his pre- and post-op pictures for him.   Sorry for the delay.   The attachment feature here is not working, and the webmaster would do well to sort it out, thus encouraging more men to post images; major failing of an otherwise-good site.  So I'm using ... http://photobucket.com/ ... very user-friendly ... just cut and paste in each 'IMG Code' below your text as you post here.

To me the result looks very good although the image does not convey the pain and discomfort Ross went through.   The lipo incisions -- at 4 o'clock on left side, and 7 o'clock on right side (patient's perspective) -- have healed almost invisibly.   So no real need to go in through the armpits if the surgeon feels he can do a better job entering closer to the fat.   There was no glandular excision, and hence no areolar scar.

Nah-ok lor maak laew (very handsome chest now) !   Are you going back to Dr Poomee to have that abdominal fat lipo'd out too?

BkkRoss Pre-Op January 2008

BkkRoss 10-weeks Post-Op March 2008

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:36:59 AM by Trevor2522 »

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
You've shown me yours, so I'll show you mine.   Age 53.   The chest patch is for pain relief for an unrelated condition.   No surgery yet but the NHS have offered to do it here at Addenbrookes hospital, Cambridge.   I was told a sub-areolar crescentic incision would be necessary to remove glandular tissue.   However, it is slight -- in my opinion -- and Dr Poomee might deal with it using liposuction only.   Apparently the latest lipo equipment can break up some glandular tissue.   Note I also have some P.E. (pectus excavatum or depressed sternum) which accentuates the gynecomastia.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:08:02 PM by Trevor2522 »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Ross,

Not bad. Definately some difference.  You should also try to excersize and lose some weight.  It might look even better.  Hopefully what i see is just swelling and not gland.  Then it will be totally flat.

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Ross, did you ask Dr Poomee if he would lipo via the armpit to save you scars visible near the front of the breasts?   Surely he must have told you where he was going in?

I can just make them out on the photos but of course they will never go away entirely.   I would accept the extra trauma of 'remote lipo' via the armpit if I could avoid frontal scars.   Since I need glandular excision too the surgeon might be able to lipo via the areolar incision ... but I'm not sure whether that is an acceptable technique to them.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
At least you are making progress. As you say, slowly does it.  ;) You will get there in the end.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
dude, it doesn't take 14+ months.
what reason did he give? scar tissue?
wha

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
I thought your original surgeon Dr Poomee was the top plastic surgeon in Bangkok.   Who was the new one?   At Bumrungrad hospital also?

I'm on the waiting list for free gyne surgery at Addenbrookes hospital in Cambridge, UK.   They seem experienced with this type of procedure.   My reasoning is to let them take out the worst of it and, if further work is required, consider Dr Poomee or Dr Benito (Spain) for fine tuning.   It is worrying that Poomee's work has disappointed you so far, especially as I was considering him for abdominal (spare tyre) liposuction as well.

Q.   What do you have to do to become a Gold member around here?   A.   Clock-up enough postings probably.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024