Author Topic: My gynecomastia "with pictures"  (Read 12582 times)

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
Why the hell is ultrasound needed?  ::) Must be quite embarassing having to go through that. I know for a fact that I have gyne, my GP confirmed it straight away. Am I gonna need ultrasound?

barclay how long did you have to wait from consultation to surgery and say if you were gonna be busy in the next few months can you choose a specific date or after a date when you would be free for surgery? Or on the NHS do you have to accept whatever date they give you?  ??? I'm gonna have family over during the summer months, I just hope their stay won't clash with my surgery, because they don't know a thing and I'd like to keep it that way. :-X

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
i was very fortunate with my surgeon, rather than stick me on a waiting list he allowed me to book a date there and then, we booked one for approximately 3 months from the consultation date. Some nhs hospitals will put you on a waiting list though which is not so good, i guess it all comes down to the surgeon.

as for ultrasound, i had to have it when i got the haematoma so they could check how much fluid was in there, just not pre-op

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
When i had my consultation it was quite obvious that he couldn't be bothered, wxyz you probably wont have to have a scan im just unlucky to live in a part of the country where surgeons on the NHS are complete pricks. does anyone know if you can request to have surgery on the NHS but outside your area say if i was to travel where there is a willing NHS surgeon?

GynO_DuDe

Quite funny that ... MR Levick (my private surgeon who I paid 4k too) actually insisted I nagged the NHS more as the NHS Hospitals in Birmingham are obliged to carry out the operation for free to people with severe gyne (like myself). So he was actually doing me a favour but I said no ... i'd rather have you do it as I didnt want to wait any longer.

Offline kingboob

Quite funny that ... MR Levick (my private surgeon who I paid 4k too) actually insisted I nagged the NHS more as the NHS Hospitals in Birmingham are obliged to carry out the operation for free to people with severe gyne (like myself). So he was actually doing me a favour but I said no ... i'd rather have you do it as I didnt want to wait any longer.

Snap...

Mr Levick went as far as writing to my GP for me, insisting I be treated on the NHS and even telling my GP which hospital & surgeon to send me too (Birmingham hospital)... which is not one of my local hospitals.............  and in all fairness to the NHS I did eventually get an appointment through.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 04:31:31 PM by kingboob »

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
In my case the gyne mainly glandular, with very little fat. I'm more concerned with have a good surgeon do the job than an inexperienced surgeon on the NHS using me as a practice patient. I want to know if I'll be given a choice on NHS of which surgeon and which hospital but how will we know who's a good surgeon and who's a bad surgeon on the NHS? Plus my GP is not very helpful and it seems he's pushing me to have it done at a local hospital or is that a new rule the NHS has put in that if you want to be treated for gyne it has to be in your local area? ::) He was suggesting something along those lines. Sorry but I'm not gonna put up with that, even if it means going private I'd rather choose the surgeon who has a good track record and wait if I have to, I've waited long enough so a few more months won't hurt. Though I must say 4K is a bit too much. I won't be shitless this summer, but hiding my gyne has become an art in itself. ;D

omgninja, there's many pricks in the NHS and they're spread out all over the country, it feels great when you meet a doctor who's not a prick.

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
these probably aren't the best pictures, i look quite out of shape im usually slimmer than they show but i thought that i need to show you guys.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:33:34 AM by omgninja »

irish lad

maybe a small bit of gyne not sure but in my opinion you defiently have puffy nipples.. im no expert

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
It looks like you only have it on the right side and it's quite small or maybe puffy nippled on the left. I remember reading that there was a gel that can be used to reduce puffy nipples.

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
lol looking at them photos i can see so much improvement since my life style change, anyone that says exercise and weight loss doesn’t make any difference can refer to me to correct them as it most certainly does. Although them pictures probably aren’t the best quality. There is defiantly gyne there, in the cold it does tense up but i there is no flat chest there.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
You can defo see the gyne mate. Your right side does seem worse than the left, and by the looks of your nips (which look stretched) you could benefit from surgery in my opinon.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
My ultrasound scan is booked for may 19th after all that waiting i wonder how long it will take to actually get the op. going to train harder now till the scan so its certain ill get approved of the op.

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
I've now had the ultrasound, the doctor was really nice and supportive. He told me that he does at least 5 gyne ultrasound scans a week to be treated on the NHS in my area. He Diagnosed me and said he will email the surgeon to give him the go ahead for the op. looks like i will be getting it in no time, hopefully!

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Good news for you. Hope you get what you want.  ;)

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
hi omgninja, where bouts north wales do you live? im not far from llandudno!
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024