Author Topic: Very confused can anyone advised  (Read 1770 times)

Offline rokawa

Hello, 

So I went to go see two doctors and now im very confused.  This doctor told me he would just do lipo only and his pictures look pretty good.http://www.locateadoc.com/folio.cfm/Action/Gallery/sid/25/id/305498/ProcedureNameID/81.  What i dont understand is why his looks better than the other surgeon who told me that he does lipo and excision however his results dont look as good. his pics can be seen here.http://www.egrari.com/gallery/male_breast_reduction/male_breastreduct_2.shtml.  the guy that does lipo and excision showed me a lot more pics and they did not make me feel like i would be satisfied. 

So what would you do??  I am overweight and all of the doctors including family doctor tell me that its mostly fat.  The other thing is when i lay down on my back it does look pretty good cause all the fat gets flat is that close to what i can expect it to look like?? cause i know that the gland does not change shape like fat.  am i right??

So is it safe to judge by pictures??

Thanks
rokawa
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:15:01 AM by rokawa »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As to the qualifications of the Doctor,  Board certification means a lot more than a whole album full of photos.

As to your readiness to be a good patient and have the best possible surgical outcome, Get your weight down to normal range before you get serious about surgery,------Your results will be much better.

I cannot recall an instance where a mans breasts were reduced sufficiently by weight loss and/or exercise to eliminate surgery from the overall plan.

Grandpa Dan

Offline rokawa

does board certified mean that they wont do a bad job.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Every individuals case is different.  Unfortunately you wont find out how yours will look until you get it done...photos can give you an idea of the possibilities, but are no guarantee for your specific case.

One of the best things you can do to stack the odds in your favor is to find a surgeon who is very experienced with this condition.  One thing is for certain...losing fat (through healthy dieting and exercise) before the operation will increase your probability of getting a better outcome.

Surgery done 18th March 2008

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024