Author Topic: My Tale on Getting Rid of Gyne  (Read 6293 times)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I'd gladly pay $1500 for my surgery, but I am also getting lipo, if that makes a difference.  From what I understand about my PS's expertise, I'm hoping my money is well spent.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
I'm curious to know if a revision is covered though. JFC took enough out but on one side there is a slight fold that hasn't quite corrected itself yet, not the end of the world but still noticable to say the least. I understand if Lipo is not needed, then there should be no cost if he has to make a incision and repair (for a lack of better words) - It would be nice to confirm this.

what kind of fold?  your nipple is folded?

Offline HEG

• Posting Member
Man I would die to only have to pay $1500 for surgery. You brothers up north got it made!!!

Good luck man!

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
When I was setting up the appointment for the surgery with the receptionist, she flipped this big date book open and she went straight to July.  She was giving me the option of July 13 or July 20.  I opted for the 13.  

One of the reasons why I wanted my consult appointment as early as possible was because I knew that as time moved on, Dr. Fielding's fee would go up.  I'm sure if I saw him in Nov. 2004, he would have charged me $1200 to $1300.  He said he's seeing a lot more patients with this condition.  The extra $200 is obligatory considering the potential happiness and peace I will have in getting rid of my gyne.  I can take my son swimming and just worry about him and not worry about who's watching me or worst yet, some smart ass teenager(s) making some hurtful remarks when I'm with my son.  I'd be more hurt because my son heard.  

The guys in the States and other parts of Canada must  be envious that I'm only paying $1500. They have to shell out in most cases more than twice that much.  As I mentioned before, I would have paid $3000 and up if I had to.  When I was at the office on Monday, some guy from Halifax had flown in to see the good doctor.  I'm not sure if he had gyne and I obvioulsy don't know what his story is but good for him and also to  the guy from Vancouver who are both proactive in their approach.  

Very reassuring:
When the Doctor told me my case was more severe than others my next question to him was,
"can you make me look normal?"
He looked up at me, smiled and said "ye, that's not a problem."  
For a split second, I thought he was a super hero.  

It's official in my mind; I've now seeked professional help and I'm on my way to getting my gyne removed.  I'm sitting at my desk at work right now feeling as if a huge weight has been lifted from me (and I haven't even had the operation yet...bad joke).  I know as the operation date draws near, feelings of self doubt and fear will start to seep in.  What if the good doctor really botches the procedure?  That question will be popping into my mind in a month but for now, I'll just smile and be happy in knowing that I've started the ball rolling.

To my gyne brothers out there, get it done.  If you're happy with your gyne, the more power to you.  If you're not, get it done.  That's my axiom, motto, saying, whatever you want to call it, Get It Done.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/program/ohip/ohipfaq_dt.html#Q1

This link will explain the eligibility of OHIP.  I'm thankful that it's going to help cover part of my procedure.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

This link will explain the eligibility of OHIP.

Thanks for the link!

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I called Dr. Fieldings office on Friday to find out the full amount of my surgery.  He quoted me at $1500 and with taxes, it will come to $1605.  That's just GST.  Still a small price to pay for happiness.  

That's the only update I have so far.  I don't go back until June 20th to pay for the surgery and get the info I will need for my surgery on July 13th.  I'm very excited.  I'll keep this thread updated.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024