Author Topic: Botox ?????  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Jamding

Hi guys , This is my first post .

I am not sure whether I have gyno or not , my GP says I dont , I beleive I do.

GP asked me to put hand above my head , felt my nipple and said no you have nothing to worry about, although I can feel hard lumps behind the nipple , I think th eguy just culdnt care less.

Anyways....

My main concern is my "puffy" nips , they sick out like mad blah blah blah you know the score.

when they are hard though , they are fine (well better anyway).

I am currently receiving botox for facial blushing/flushing and it seems botox is beng used for all sorts these days .

Has anyone ever considerd the thought that perhaps botox could maintain an erect nipple ?

I havnt really had a chance to look around the forum as of yet so please let me know if this has been posted before.

I realize this isnt a cure however it would certainly give great relief for me anyways ?

I aint very medically minded so please if this is utter rubbish feel free to let me know !

What you guys think ?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:31:09 PM by Jamding »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Botox is an agent that relaxes muscle (for example, Botox in the forehead will relax the muscles and therefore improve the forehead lines).  Although I have never injected Botox into a puffy nipple, my intuition is that it could only make it worse.  Reason?  There are tiny muscles in the skin of the areola which, when they contract due to temperature or emotion, cause the tiny wrinkles of the areolar skin.  This action frequently tightens the puffy nipple and can make it better -- temporarily.  If you inject Botox, those tiny muscles will not be able to tighten and you will have an unchanging puffy nipple until the Botox wears off -- usually around 4 months.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Hi guys , This is my first post .

I am not sure whether I have gyno or not , my GP says I dont , I beleive I do.

GP asked me to put hand above my head , felt my nipple and said no you have nothing to worry about, although I can feel hard lumps behind the nipple , I think th eguy just culdnt care less.

Anyways....

My main concern is my "puffy" nips , they sick out like mad blah blah blah you know the score.

when they are hard though , they are fine (well better anyway).

I am currently receiving botox for facial blushing/flushing and it seems botox is beng used for all sorts these days .

Has anyone ever considerd the thought that perhaps botox could maintain an erect nipple ?

I havnt really had a chance to look around the forum as of yet so please let me know if this has been posted before.

I realize this isnt a cure however it would certainly give great relief for me anyways ?

I aint very medically minded so please if this is utter rubbish feel free to let me know !

What you guys think ?

Yes, it has been posted and answered before:

theres another post about this, with an explanation saying it relaxes the nipples so therefore hgas the opposite effect - unless you want puffy nips!  ::)

Botox poisons the nerves, the muscle under the skin of the areola will stay relaxed and not contract. This would permit the deformity to push through giving you Permanent Puffy Nipples which is typically not the result my patients are asking for.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024