Author Topic: Underworks, question, not the usuall... but style 998 crew neck?  (Read 6299 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I've been wearing G2C compression vests for a while and they've been really good, but they are a bit old now and have become uncomfortable and not as effective... I'm thinking of stocking up on some more as its getting way too hot in the UK at the minute!!

I am tempted by a crew neck t shirt one, looks like it may be more comfortable to wear and I wouldn't have to hide it so much, I could just say im wearing  a tshirt under a polo shirt... that seems a reasonable thing to do even in summer? 

Anyone got this style , are they as good as the normal vest style ones?

Offline Geoffram

• Posting Member
Yep - I bought this as a phase two vest and started wearing it after week 5. Works like a charm and looks just like a normal undershirt. You have to pull it down every so often as it can ride up a bit while you're sitting, but otherwise worth the expense.

Offline hidden_from_society

• Posting Member
I had just purchased 3 of these and let me tell you, it was hard to get on. If comparing it to the underworks 997 vs the 998, I would have to say this:

The 997 is better if you need some compression in the stomach
The 998 is better in the aspect that it covers the "fat" underneath the arm that the underworks 997 pushes upwards.

The chest compression is pretty much the same, and if anything, the 997 is a tad better. The 997 has far better stomach compression, but the 998 feels more natural.

The only thing is, I'm a bit worried that the 998's compression will go "poof" after very few uses, as it feels more natural, whereas the 997 restricts natural movement to an extent, but at least you know that it's working.

overall, once I got the 998 on, I was happy with it.

Offline hidden_from_society

• Posting Member
I've wore the 998 now for about 6 hours and I looked in the mirror. My chest seems to stick out a bit more wearing the 998 than with the older 997. My shirts hangs off my chest a bit, and not in a good way.

I'm satisfied with it, but I would just get the 997 and wear a white cotton shirt over top of it to conceal. Also, the 998 took me about 10 minutes to get on. It was very, very hard. It can't be put on like a dress, either.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024