Author Topic: injecting fat into an indented chest  (Read 8381 times)

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
hi,
i had surgery about 2months ago(lipo and gland), and as a result of some comp;ications during surgery(and drains on one side needed to be left in for longer than the other side), i've been left with an indent on one side of my chest(the side wihere drains were left in longer). kind of feels like too much fat and/or gland taken out as skin is very tight on muscle.
during my 1st post op  consultation, the surgeon didn't seem too concerned,and said skin was tight and appeared stuck because of the drainage, but with massage, the skin&nipple  would be released from the muscle and that the chest would "fill out" over the next few months.(i have seen some improvement, but not enough to believe it fully will.)
is it likely to fill out more after 2months?

also, he said that if by chance it didn't fill out fully, then he could take some abdominal fat and inject into the indent in my chest.
if he did this, then would the part of my chest in which the fat was injected, be succeptible to putting on fat disproportionately to the rest of my chest? i.e by gaining weight, is my chest likely to look imbalanced, because that part of my chest would already have more fat cells there and therefore attract more fatty deposit than the rest of my chest?

DrBermant

hi,
i had surgery about 2months ago(lipo and gland), and as a result of some comp;ications during surgery(and drains on one side needed to be left in for longer than the other side), i've been left with an indent on one side of my chest(the side wihere drains were left in longer). kind of feels like too much fat and/or gland taken out as skin is very tight on muscle.
during my 1st post op  consultation, the surgeon didn't seem too concerned,and said skin was tight and appeared stuck because of the drainage, but with massage, the skin&nipple  would be released from the muscle and that the chest would "fill out" over the next few months.(i have seen some improvement, but not enough to believe it fully will.)
is it likely to fill out more after 2months?

also, he said that if by chance it didn't fill out fully, then he could take some abdominal fat and inject into the indent in my chest.
if he did this, then would the part of my chest in which the fat was injected, be succeptible to putting on fat disproportionately to the rest of my chest? i.e by gaining weight, is my chest likely to look imbalanced, because that part of my chest would already have more fat cells there and therefore attract more fatty deposit than the rest of my chest?

The skin sticking to the deeper tissues is a component of the Crater Deformity Defect. This can be part of the healing process or signs of a problem.  How tissues evolve after gynecomastia surgery depend on the problem treated, techniques used, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, and other factors.

Showing others the problem with Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery typically demonstrates the issues.

Crater Deformity Defects After Gynecomastia Surgery can look terrible.  Check out this new page showing just a few of the horror stories I have seen.

Prevention is so much better than trying to fix such a problem.  My Dynamic Technique Male Chest Contouring permits me to target gland first and then use an artist's pallet of tools to contour the remaining tissue.  Sometimes Revision Gynecomastia Surgery can help.  Injecting fat requires that the pieces of fat get a new blood supply.  Fat in such a situation is called a graft.  I typically prefer my Fat Flap Technique instead of a fat graft.  The fat flap comes with a blood supply, tends to survive better than a graft, and seems to be softer and moves better on animation.

Take some time to browse through the many examples of my work to see typical results of my methods.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
Thanks doc. I appreciate the time you took to answer my questions. I guess I'll have to wait a little while to see if this is just a process of healing, or something that may need revision. Will see.

but if I had a fat graft on one side, (whether fat flap technique or any other) and subsequently gained weight, would that side put on more fat than the other?

Offline MSJ108

They can add fat yes. Its not easy from what I hear though

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
has anyone had this done?anyone had too much lipo and had fat injected to correct a crater? what were the results? (or do any of the docs have a link to some before and afters of a revision they've done?)
any info at all would be appreciated.
cheers.

DrBermant

has anyone had this done?anyone had too much lipo and had fat injected to correct a crater? what were the results? (or do any of the docs have a link to some before and afters of a revision they've done?)
any info at all would be appreciated.
cheers.

Such techniques rarely look good on a moving male chest.  Check out how the tissues moves with a movie or at least with views that tend to show how the tissues compress and act with muscle action.  A single still image without seeing the difference with muscles relaxed and tense can hide a less than satisfactory result.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024