Author Topic: Gyne midlife crisis - my diary  (Read 22060 times)

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Post Op Day 5.

Yesterday my chest started feeling like it was sort of detached, which I guess is maybe just more feeling coming back into the area.

Not sure if its relevant, but nevertheless, I had very bad constipation yesterday, and was pretty bloated. Better this morning.

I got a squelsh in my chest this morning. Kind of turned my stomach for a little while there! I was just rubbing my hand across my chest when there was a squelsh, like squishing fluid out of your cheeks, that kind of sound. Just off chest centre towards right side. It made the same noise a couple of times then seemed to have gone.

I have a numb feeling under the armpits, which are quite bruised now. Check my pics for an update; apologies for the tea stain on my bandage!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 12:16:30 AM by phil.short »
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Great diary so far.  I can't seem to access your pics though.  Nonetheless, keep us updated.  

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
    • My Diary
Post Op Day 6.

Thanks Blitz. Seems every time I add photos I have to "re-share" the album. I've just added a couple more.

Not feeling as swollen today - certainly under arms are not as swollen, and the whole chest has less of the "something strapped on " feel it had yesterday - like if I removed the bandages the whole lot was going to fall off!

No squishy noises this morning - the squelshy bit came back yesterday evening but went with a bit of gentle rubbing.

On the whole feeling pretty good today. The left nipple area is still sore to the touch, and this seems like where the drain came out. Its certainly where I felt the real sting as the first drain was removed, right behind the left nipple and up the chest toward the armpit. It seems to have left a legacy of soreness in its wake! Its fine unless I touch it, but if I apply any pressure to the nipple area I get shooting hot pain which then stays for several minutes after, replaced by fierce itching. The right nipple isn't anything that.

Bandages off tomorrow. Surprisingly they're not stinking yet (especially after spilling tea on my front - that wasn't clever!), I am washing with a flannel and applying a little antiperspirant underarm.

The bruises don't show too well in the pics - I think I need more light. The purple bruising is really livid, but changing to green/yellow around the edges.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 06:05:50 AM by phil.short »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Good luck for when the bandages come off. That was quite a nervous experience for me. It may well look like a train wreck at first, but I'm sure you're prepared for that and know how quickly things improve.
etc.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
    • My Diary
Thanks Doddy!

So, still day 6, but curiosity got the better of me. The bandages are off. Yes, it was a bit nervous, sweat on the brow stuff! Pretty easy really though, and not that painful. Just cut up the middle, then eased the bandages away from the skin.

I have posted one pic, my digicam is on charge so may post more later. Train wreck? Well, it sure looks like I got run into by one!

Its not too bad actually. The pic makes it look like I have boobs still, as there is a relatively clear patch where the square of gauze was under the bandages. This I think demonstrates the benefits of compression, as immediately surrounding that its livid bruising. I have the compression vest on now.

It was very strange revealing my new chest. There is some puffiness on the left side particularly, which I hope is just swelling and will subside, but I don't recognise the nipples at all. Small, round and flat, whose are those?!!

No really obvious "craters", though there is an edge about where the bandages were under the armpits. This will fade I'm sure - it feels better already after just an hour.

The excision scars are small and should fade away nicely. One is well into the armpit, the right one a little less so but should be fairly unnoticeable when its healed up properly.

I need to lose a few pounds now, get into shape to match the new chest!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 02:01:08 AM by phil.short »

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
    • My Diary
Post Op Day 7.

Slept with the compression vest on last night, after I removed the bandages yesterday. Still sleeping elevated on a pillow mountain, it stops me trying to roll over in my sleep.

Lots of pics added this morning.

Usual caution - its way early to tell how its going to turn out. The shape changes almost hourly, let alone daily, so who knows what the result will be in 6 months?

Right side I'm blown away with. Excellent shape, looks good already.

Left side. There is a deep crease above with some swelling or puffiness under the nipple. Nipple is small round and flat, which is great, no complaints there at all; just what seems like a little too much fat left surrounding. I'm hoping this is just swelling which will subside. There is a lot of swelling into the armpit on this side, which should go down, and I think this is contributing to the crease - which is where the edge of the bandage lay.

Overall I'm happy so far with progress. My chest now looks like a moderately muscular mans chest.

It isn't flat, which is great - I didn't expect it to be, and years in the gym would have been wasted if it had been! I know from past experience I can put large amounts of muscle on here very quickly (and have actively avoided working chest in the past because of this), and just as soon as I can that's exactly what I will be doing!

My target now is to shed the excess fat. I have 2 st to lose, mostly on my belly and back. I can shift that in 6/8 weeks, so come August I am going to be ripping off my shirt at the first sign of sun!

For the first time in my life I can look in the mirror and like what I see. Really like! That's me there with no boobs!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 06:32:16 AM by phil.short »

Offline webster

• Silver Member
Pferdestärken, I was a bit worried by your first pics with all those bruises showing under the bandages. But now they're off - RESULT!

I hope you don't mind me replying on your diary thread.

I am really pleased for you keep posting...

WEBSTER.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
    • My Diary
Don't mind at all Webster, you could poke me in the eye with a hot poker at the moment and I'd smile right back! I am one happy dude!

Compare these two pics:

Like you said - RESULT!  8)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 06:26:35 AM by phil.short »

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
You have got some wicked bruises.  Other than that, you look fine.  

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
    • My Diary
Post Op Day 9.

Bruising fading away now, swelling pretty much subsided. I'm actually shocked by how much pec development I have, its just there now, rock hard under the skin. Well chuffed. A few weeks more of healing and I'm going to start hitting the gym hard!

Not sure how much longer I will be posting on here now. I hope my diary will help anyone who is considering surgery; it has worked for me, it has changed my perception of myself, and made me a much happier person.

Unfortunately this forum seems to have some pretty intolerant and biased "contributors" with their own agendas, and a shocking absence of moderation for a forum involved in such senstitive issues. Gynecomastia.org has helped me, and I thank the individuals who have made positive contributions and helped me through. I hope my story can help others in the same way.

Life is too short to waste time arguing with people not equipped to participate fully, so I'll take my leave. I may be back at intervals, just to post some updated pics and keep my diary updated as proof positive that surgery is an option which can change lives for the better.

Best wishes to all, and for now, au revoir.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Hey Pferdestärken, try to come back sometime and update your pics at least. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 04:10:38 PM by doddy »

Offline webster

• Silver Member
Gynecomastia is surrounded by huge psychosexual baggage in the way that say a condition of fat ankles or a big gut just isn't. That's why this site brings all - sorts.

At the end of the day this Board contains alot of good rational advice that will be apparent to those who are looking for that and you Pferdestärken have contributed to that. So well done.

Looks to me like you will be able to take ur kids on holiday this Aug and be shirtless and carefree. (me too).
So be happy  - Theres no point hanging around arguing with the trolls of this site!

Almost time to get back to normal life and do some work eh?

Webster.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
All the best with everything mate.

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Pferdestarken, great to see things have gone so well for you mate

For the record, yours is one of the contributions I have looked out for and appreciated the most since I discovered this board a few weeks ago

Your input was instrumental in convincing me to get the consultation with Levick and, subject to what he says, hopefully seeing this through

I can identify with lots of what you say and you put it across well and in good detail, so don't feel you were wasting your time by any means

Anyway, hopefully before too long I'll be as happy as you about all of this

Once again, I'm well pleased for you

Cheers

Robin_G

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
    • My Diary
Well, I'm still here!

Thanks everyone for the support; I will continue to contribute after all. I'm not going to let a few twisted individuals stop me from trying to help others in the same way I've been helped by this forum.

Today was my first day back at work - I mostly work at home, which has made recuperation easier and meant I haven't had to worry too much about people noticing a sudden weight loss! I have lost weight pretty drastically in the past anyway, so if people haven't seen me for a few weeks it's no big surprise to them that I look 2st lighter all of a sudden. I'm just saying I've started training again, and I'm following Paul McKennas diet book - both of which are true anyway, but they might not be quite as effective as my appearance suggests!

I'm still wearing the same shirts as before, but they are a bit baggy now. I'll stick with them for a month or so before getting new shirts, the baggyness hides the fact that my chest is so much flatter (how ironic is that!). As I lose a little more weight I'll get some smaller shirts. I haven't measured yet, there is still a little swelling, but given the amount of slack in my shirts I'd reckon I've dropped from a 46/47" chest to about 42". That's perilously close to the 38" waist! I need to work and diet 2" off my waist and pacxk 2" of muscle onto my chest now, which shouldn't take too long. I'm just itching to get started back at the gym, but that'll have to wait until at least the end of the month when I have my follow up with Mr Levick.

It felt great being out and about again. I feel much more positive, more self confident. Little things make me so happy at the moment - like the seat belt in the car just laying flat and diagonal across my chest.

I'll post some more pics tomorrow to show how the bruising is going.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024