Author Topic: I need advice  (Read 5952 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The whole concept of what is normal has become my pet peeve.

If you were to get together 1,000 eighteen year olds, How many would simply be Short or tall without being abnormally short or tall?  Would the abnormal group be the shortest and tallest 1%? How about 5%?  Would you agree that 5% is probably much too large a number to be considered abnormal.

Yet, 30+% of young men in that same age group have some degree of breast enlargement and many of them consider themselves abnormal as a result.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This makes no sense to me.  Perhaps the largest 1%, But only perhaps. and all the rest would simply be one end of the "normal" curve.

I have experienced and I very well understand embarrassment, but I'm not now nor have I ever been abnormal.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I have experienced and I very well understand embarrassment, but I'm not now nor have I ever been abnormal.

Right! You are what you are.... period.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
this could get messy, we've debated it before, and i don't want to get into a long drag out about it.  you've had your two cents, now i'm throwing in mine. 

i won't post a graphic for a normal distribution (aka "bell") curve for humor's sake, but the fact is, fuzzy edges on a standard or not, there IS a relative range of what is normal.  the fact is, my gyne is NOT normal, or i would never have taken the grief for it in high school that i did.  there was a generous latitude in what passed for normal among everybody else, but the fact is, it was still there.  normal and not normal. 

i of course figured out some time ago that i am not BAD or a freak because my chest is not normal, sure.  but that is DIFFERENT.  this fear and loathing of simple, neutral, clinical word to describe the fact that gyne is an aberration from the normal course of hormonal and physiological development is NOT the same as saying a person is a freak.  my chest is still not normal, like it or not, accept it or not, period.  that does not mean i am inferior or a lesser person, it only describes a statistical, factual, mathematical relationship to a mean which occurs all throughout nature and space. 

geez, political correctness runs amok.  what next, we can't use "gyne" either, we have to call it "chest developmentally challenged" or "male breast tissue valuable uniqueness" ???  screw that sh*t, it's got nothing to do with value-content or judgmentalism.  i'm calling abnormal abnormal, and i don't care if the politically correct like it or not.  so there :P :P :P :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:08:02 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Normal really means "normal enough".  Normal enough not to get teased. Normal enough to feel good about yourself.  Normal enough to avoid the stairs.  Normal enough that you have confidence around women.  Normal enough to be at ease with yourself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024