Author Topic: extreme dieting ?  (Read 3469 times)

Offline sunny007

• Posting Member
what do you think about extreme dieting in which your body eats your own muscle/flesh to survive.
and doing light weight chest exercise (high repetition), to tell the body eat from chest only.

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
what do you think about extreme dieting in which your body eats your own muscle/flesh to survive.
and doing light weight chest exercise (high repetition), to tell the body eat from chest only.

Not that easy.  You can not spot reduce like that.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Not that easy.  You can not spot reduce like that.

Agreed!

Diet and/or exercise will not rid you of G. Period! It may get smaller, but you'll never get rid of it all...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
Any form of extreme dieting is bad for you. Aim to loose ~2lb a week, HEALTHILY.

Also, if you starve yourself AND work out your chest area, the muscle in your chest will be the last thing to be "eaten" as your body knows it's in use regularly, and will hang on to it. Fat can't be "spot reduced" either, it's used up in a uniform pattern, usually following the rule of first on, last off.

Listen to Grandpa Bambu and mkit8971. You'd have to get down to starvation levels of body fat to see any real difference in your gyne. We're talking around the 4% area, where most of the fat left on your body is INSIDE, lining your internal organs.

Offline HD

I've never been overweight, but developed unilateral gyno during puberty. I saw a doc about it when I was younger and he said it should go away. I lived with it expecting it to go away, but it never did. I tried to never let it bother me. It wasn't until I decided to try and get really fit and healthy, that I started to cut down my bodyfat % (as mentioned, I'd never been overweight, but I was leaning up even more). This just caused the gyno to look even worse. I had pretty much just the gland tissue, and no fat. The more bodyfat I lost, the more the rest of my chest came in but my gyno stuck out.

In the end I needed surgery. Dieting etc. didn't help the appearance of the gyno, but it did mean that it gave the surgeon the opportunity to get the best results during surgery, so I'd still recommend trying to lean up before surgery.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Starvation can actually cause breast development and lactation in men.

These were observed in the survivors of prison camps as WW 2 came to a close.
Grandpa Dan

Offline hatemyself

• Posting Member
not smart man. I did this to myself. I starved myself and workouted the chest and some cardio. To be honest at the time it wasnt as bad but far from gone away. This was two years ago when i was 17 i weighed about 120lbs and iam about 5'10. Trust me i was skinny and was never happy with my body. Since then i work out at higher intensities iam farily fit and weigh now about 14f8. and my muscle mass has grown but my gyno is still there. I am hoping to get surgery soon. But i guess waht im trying to get at is it never goes away no matter what unless u get surgery at least in my condition. and from someone who did exactly what your proposing, i suggest dont do it, but i do encourage the working out, but dont starve yourself its not worth it. sorry about the long text here lol

Offline DPGSenior

Take your daily dose of zinc and vitamin D. They apparently help maintain sensitivity or upregulate androgen receptors. This is according to some in vitro and in vivo studies in rats.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what they said.  dolly parton could bench press ten hours a day for a year and not shrink where it counted ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024