Author Topic: Scar Tissue Issue  (Read 5002 times)

Offline MSJ108

I posted this in another section but didn't get any replies. I have a band of scar tissue that is not going away or improving much after 4+ months post op. The band of scar tissue is about 2 and half inches in length. It runs from behind the nipple up toward my armpit. Should I just give up on massaging it every night? Also, is there any chance that this is anything other than scar tissue. It would help me sleep at night, if I knew it was scar tissue for sure and will dissipate on its on with time. All replies are appreciated. Thanks.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
sounds like almost certain for scar tissue if that's where work was done.  massaging does take time, you can ask a doc.  if it's a real problem they can sometimes do light cortisol injection, but i'd try to avoid that by preference. 

check with a doc for more detailed/informed opinions if you want, but i'd say sleep soundly  ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline MSJ108

Thanks for the reply! Any add'l feedback would be appreciated.

Offline MSJ108

Any docs have any "home remedy" suggestions. This small band of scar tissue is not improving at all. Thanks

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
I posted this in another section but didn't get any replies. I have a band of scar tissue that is not going away or improving much after 4+ months post op. The band of scar tissue is about 2 and half inches in length. It runs from behind the nipple up toward my armpit. Should I just give up on massaging it every night? Also, is there any chance that this is anything other than scar tissue. It would help me sleep at night, if I knew it was scar tissue for sure and will dissipate on its on with time. All replies are appreciated. Thanks.

Hard to say without looking at it / or doing an exam - the question is: is it a scar band or is it an area that is indented from too much tissue removal? One thing to help to know is do you notice this primarily when you raise your arm up and see a distinct band that feels tight or is it there when you are at rest with your arms at your side? If you have pictures, you can post them or email them to info@drkapoormd.com

Offline MSJ108

Thanks for the reply doc! I notice the scar tissue when I raise my arms above my head. With my arms above my head the band runs from behind my nipple (causing the nipple to puff out) and up toward my armpit. When my arms are down the nipple doesn't puff out much and I cant feel the band of what I believe to be scar tissue.

Offline RSXracer

• Posting Member
what does scar tissue feel like inside? mine feels smooth but hard, while gyno felt fiberous and hard...just wondering

Offline MSJ108

what does scar tissue feel like inside? mine feels smooth but hard, while gyno felt fiberous and hard...just wondering

smooth and hard is a good way to describe it.

Offline MSJ108

Today did a good check up on myself. With my arms down, its very hard to feel the band. Once, the arms are up, I notice and feel it easily.

ichthus70x7

I am only one week post op, but I can feel some scar tissue forming.  Is there anything that I can do about it before it potentially gets worse?  Hot pads?  Ice?  My chest looks great, but I did not know if there was something I could do to help the healing process.

Offline SDfiveSIX

• Posting Member
If it's a big problem for you... call and talk to your PS. I'm coming up on 4 months post-op and still have some scar tissue... however, last weekend I went home to see my doctor b/c I felt that the scar tissue wasn't really decreasing with massaging and time... so he gave me a hydrocortisone injection... and the results from the cortisone have been pretty good so far. The majority of the scar tissue has diminished... but of course some is still there. Glad I went ahead and got the injections (both sides).

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Ichthus,

You may benefit from vigorous massage.  I instruct my patients to purchase an electric flat head massager and spend about 10 minutes twice a day massaging the treated areas.  Early on, that helps break up small pockets of fluid that could lead to prolonged swelling and scar tissue formation.  Check with your surgeon about this first though, because many surgeons have different opinions on postop care.

Good luck-

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline MSJ108

I am only one week post op, but I can feel some scar tissue forming.  Is there anything that I can do about it before it potentially gets worse?  Hot pads?  Ice?  My chest looks great, but I did not know if there was something I could do to help the healing process.

massage away brother!

Offline MSJ108

UPDATE: I am about 6 and half months post op. I have been seeing substantial improvement on the band of scar tissue. I would say its just about all gone now. Still small section, however, I believe it should be all gone soon as I am progressing nicely!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024