Author Topic: T level 337 at age 17 fine ?  (Read 4025 times)

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
Is testestorone 337 at age 17 fine?
Also (docter didnt check estrogen level would it be good idea to go to endo to check estrogen?)
my hormone report came back as

*didnt do estrogen have to go to endo to do that
Complete blood count- 8.3 thou
White- 5.61
Hemoglobin- 47.2%
Hematocrit 84.1
MCH - 28.1
MCHC - 33.5
RBC disbribution width - 11.9

Platelet count- 281

Segs- 51%
Lymphocytes 41.1%

Monocytes 5.4%
EosinoPhils 1.8
Basophils 0.5%
ABs segs 4.3
Abs lymphocyes 3.4
Moniocytes 0.5
Basophils 0.0
Eosinophils 0.2

Chemistry
Soidum 141 meq
Potassium 4.7
Chloride 101
Carbon dioxide  27mg
Urea Nitrogen 17Creatine 0.8
Glucose 83
Calcium 9.5
protein 7.6

Albumin 4.5
Sgot 28 {AST
SGPT {ALT} 39
Alkaline phosphatase 69 U/L
Total bilirubin 0.4

TSH 4.043 uiu

**Testrone 337 ng

Is my t level Fine i am 17 is 337 alright?
I feel very weak im 6'2 223 lbs and am lifting 85 lbs

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
anyone ? I heard t level is highest at age 17 and 18 is that true should i go to an endo and do blood work and checkout estrogen

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
muahah found something :| on wiki
Low Testosterone can be identified through a simple blood test performed by a laboratory, ordered by a physician. Normal testosterone levels are said to range from 298 - 1098 ng/dl, but most men with levels below 350 will benefit from treatment.[

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
Thanks bro the thing is i am getting surgery after i graduate and i wanna lift weight i feel weak and stuff so  i jus believe i need to get my hormones check out but thanks for the advice but i didnt know that thanks a lot

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
with that TSH level i'd be more concerned with your thyroid... i'd ask the doc to check T3 (NOT T4) as T3 is the active hormone while T4 is only the 'storage' version of T3.

but yeah, for your age that test is probably low. I'd request testing for SHBG and free test as well to get a more definitive feel as to where you are in the range... You may have low overall test but low SHBG as well, contributing to higher free test than someone who scored a 700+ for test on their blood work yet has high SHBG...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:04:55 AM by moobius »

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
You're definitely low, but I would hesitate in going on testosterone replacement therapy.

You do have some natural production of testosterone. Once you start TRT you won't be able to produce any on your own, as what will happen is your pituitary gland will sense this spike in T level and it will stop sending LH and FSH to your testicles so they'll completely shut down and atrophy.

Also gynecomastia can be caused both by too low or too high testosterone. The reason is testosterone metabolizes into estrogen. Many people only get gyno after going on TRT, so if you're looking at this as a cure for your gyno it may actually do the opposite.

If would be different if the endocrinology field had progressed enough to have a way to simulate the bodies natural balance mechanisms, but it hasn't. TRT is going to be like a rollercoaster for your body, a massive spike of testosterone followed by a low period. And you'll have to do this your whole life once you start. Not worth the hassle. 

uhm, thats not true is it? I'm pretty sure your own production gets supressed if the amount is over 500+ like roider amount?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:05:26 PM by whoknows »

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
Is my TSH level High ? i gotta make an endo appointment i left msg hasnt replied hopefully they will tomm.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
generally tsh that high is prescribed T4... at least if its an endo you went to.  if this is a general practicioner he'll probably just scan past it.  you really want that probably between 1.5 and 2.

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A Testosterone level (ng/l) is normal if it is anywhere between 300 and 1000 in a male.

At least that is what the overall figures say. The more correct answer would have to take into account the  age and general health of the person.

For example: I am in my 70's, A young man would logically have a Testosterone level twice mine and both of us would be in the "Normal" range.

It would seem that your level is not what it should be for your age. You really need to see an Endocrinologist to get a good evaluation of your lab results.
Grandpa Dan

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
I called in Laurel Clinic Women where some guy name Dr.Vincent works hes suppose to be an expert. I was recommended by him from someone from another fourm they say he received his training from Dr. Greenblatt's who is now deceased and was a pioneer in hormone therapy for both men and women. And i called in, they had given me an email to msg my results of my t and tsh. I had sent the email today with my gyne
pics and how i feel with the reports ive taken. Im prolly going to call again tomm to see if they got the email.
What i jus realized is that the email was probably the lady that i was talking to not docter so she will prolly see my gyne
pics hope she knows what it is =[.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:47:05 PM by RickWalia007 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024