Author Topic: Don't know how to start this..  (Read 3032 times)

Offline lp1501

Ok so i've been surfing this site for couple of months now and finally feel comfortable to reach out to others with my first post. I'm 22 and have been living with gynecomastia since like 8th grade. It has plagued my life just like all the others dudes on this site. I don't remember the last time I took my shirt off in public and oh how I yearn to go swimming again. I wont go into detail about what i've been through because as you all know my experience is the same as all the guys here and it fucking sucks. What i'm interested most is how to go about finding the right doctor or what I need to do to get this process of closure and kicking my bitch breast's ass. I just graduated college and have a very successful job in dc. Other than some debt from student loans I feel like I am in the right position in my life to begin looking at options. Any advice will help and I'd like to just reach out to everyone and say thanks for this site. It's fucking comforting as hell to know they're are people out there who are in the same boat.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Welcome!

Just because a Dr. claims to be a Cosmetic Surgeon, doesn't mean is actually is qualified. You are wise to ask the question about this.

The Dr's who frequent this site have a note following their names which tells you that they are board certified and the name of the board. A person could be a board certified general surgeon and that would not be enough.

Grandpa Bambu is one you should check with, He is one of the few post op people who are still around to be of help to others.

Specific questions may be addressed to the Surgeons who are regulars here.

Good Luck.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Paa_Paw is right... You want to make sure that the surgeon you choose is 'Board Certified' by the A.B.P.S. (American Board of Plastic Surgery). Make sure his/her credentials are good and that they perform the procedure on a frequent basis. 100-150 surgeries a year is what you should be aiming for IMO.

You say that you work (live?) in DC. Would that be 'Washington' DC? Dr. Bermant who frequents this site is in Chester, Virginia. A 2 hour drive south of DC on the I-95.   ;)

Dr. Bermant's contact info is in the following thread...

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=10272.0

It's fucking comforting as hell to know they're are people out there who are in the same boat.

I hear ya there Broh! Many, G guys 'think' that they are the only one. I for one did! You are no longer alone my man!  ;)

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline lp1501

Thanks for the info guys. I'll be sure to check out Dr. Bermont seems to be a legit surgeon. Hopefully this is the start of road to some fucking closure.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hopefully this is the start of road to some fucking closure.

Amen to that dude!

GB

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
Paa_Paw is right... You want to make sure that the surgeon you choose is 'Board Certified' by the A.B.P.S. (American Board of Plastic Surgery). Make sure his/her credentials are good and that they perform the procedure on a frequent basis. 100-150 surgeries a year is what you should be aiming for IMO.

You say that you work (live?) in DC. Would that be 'Washington' DC? Dr. Bermant who frequents this site is in Chester, Virginia. A 2 hour drive south of DC on the I-95.   ;)

Dr. Bermant's contact info is in the following thread...

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=10272.0

It's fucking comforting as hell to know they're are people out there who are in the same boat.

I hear ya there Broh! Many, G guys 'think' that they are the only one. I for one did! You are no longer alone my man!  ;)

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

GB

Hey Grandpa Bambu, so I'm guessing by your signature the Canadian equivalent is FRCS?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hey Grandpa Bambu, so I'm guessing by your signature the Canadian equivalent is FRCS?

F.R.C.S.  stands for  'Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fellowship_of_the_Royal_College_of_Surgeons

And the (C), I assume, stands for 'Canada'... Just a guess though....

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024