Author Topic: Question for Doctors on fluctuating Gyne?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
Hi, I am on a necessary medication for a neurological condition and I have nipple/breast pain that comes and goes.  I also noticed that at times I will have some small sort of rubbery bits behind the nipple, but then at other times they seem to dissapear.  It sort of comes and goes. 

I suppose my questions are, does true gyne involve permanent masses behind the nipples or can you have breast growth without the masses?  Also, is it possible for the body to adapt to a medication over time and have the breast/nipple pain or sensitivity go away?  It almost seems that this may be happening, I will go a couple weeks without any real pain and the masses shrink away to almost nothing, then the pain and rubbery masses will return for a few days then go away again...I am hoping maybe this is a sign of my body adapting to the medication and maybe the gyne will eventually go away altogether.

I also read that playing with the nipples, squeezing them to check for pain/lumps etc. repeatedly can worsen the gyne becuase it stimulates prolactin release.  I was squeezing a few times a day for a few months and now that I try not to it does seem that the gyne is not as bad...is there truth to this or is it all in my head?

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 10:36:28 AM by Doomed »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024