Author Topic: Karidis v Benito  (Read 4529 times)

Offline outertrial

They're two of the most skilled in this type of operation.

Not being funny here..... but how does anybody here ever really know how skilled a doctor is? 

I always recommend (and no one ever listens) having consultations with at least two surgeons. As far as I know I was the first board member to go to Spain so didnt have anyone elses account to read about. I probably never would have except that I'd had several consultations with 2 NHS plastic surgeons (its a long story) that resulted in approval but no funding.

I had the consultation with Dr Benito and immediately forgot about pursuing the nhs route. He just seemed much more competent than the other two guys (although one was definitely decent, though I wouldnt have let the other one loose on a game of Buckaroo). Ergo I went to Spain feeling pretty confident and had a nice little holiday as well. 

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Well I made the trip yesterday down to see Dr. Karidis, I flew to Luton then got the 757 bus to Finchley Rd and walked to the hospital from there. It is easy found if you get off the tube at St. Johns wood.

Mr K was saying he had carried out over 500 similar procedures and had 2% that required some form of revision.

I have a pacemaker fitted in the shoulder above my left breast, this was new to him as he has never done this before, and is seeking advice from my cardiologist to discuss the situation.

Procedure would be carried out as a day patient and discharged after 5pm same day.

So basically just waiting to hear if it is OK to proceed, hopefully won't take too long.

Mr K operates on a Tues / Thurs and Saturday, which may suit some people not to take time off work.

I also heard back from aida at Mr Benito's hospital, he is in London on the 16th but I am unable to make it down, she is offering me to send down a couple of photos and Dr Benito will give me a call. She did mention that he had recently won some top award that was issued by some PS group. (So this may explain the price hike)

Overall, I have had 5 emails from Aida in Spain and just the one from Mr K office confirming my appointment, I have not felt in the slightest bit pressurised to proceed with Mr K.

I would presume if lipo could not be done from under the arm, then could the complete op be carried out from the incision at the nipple???

anybody know????
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
(So this may explain the price hike)

The change in price is purely exchange rate driven, nothing else.  Unfortunately it was me that got that ball rolling,  i was quoted in £'s, and the €'s didn't equate when i paid.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024