Author Topic: Booked My Surgery  (Read 8769 times)

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
GB did Fielding have you go through any medical tests or get info from your GP? I guess I should have asked during my appointment.

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
going under general anaesthetic, infection & clots. I didn't ask fielding but has anyone done the surgery under local anaesthetic?
How did you get over your fear?

I was INCREDIBLY nervous about the general anaesthetic -in fact, when I was on the gurney, just before the GA was administered, I could hear my heart beating faster on the heart monitor. I remember asking if that was normal, was assured that it was, and the next second I was OUT. I woke in what literally felt 1 second later, and it was done...

I'm sure that Dr. Fielding will require a number of medical information and tests from your GP - which means you will probably see your GP before you have your surgery. Explain your concerns to your GP, I'm sure he will advise if there's anything in particular that you should be worried about. As for infection or clots, I'm sure Dr. Fielding will give you the requisite medications in advance of your surgery to ensure nothing like that happens.

I haven't run across any local anesthetic experiences here, but I've seen footage of lipo being performed - and - I gotta say, I'd rather be fully asleep.

Just my 2 cents,
dondante

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
I had my surgery with fielding on Jan 7th (more detailed story is in sucess stories i think). I was incredibly calm even when on the operating table when they stuck the IV needle in (didnt hurt), after a few breaths of oxygen I was out. The worst part about general anasthesia was the nausea for me; i had to lay down for the first day or I felt like puking (didnt puke though). The pain - unlike alot of people say here - was pretty intense when not taking the percocet, they say its like overdoing pushups but id say its a bit more; more stingy/sharp pain, but nothing near the pain of having to deal with gyno every day  ;D . I also for some reason had intense shoulder and neck pain for the first 2 days, couldnt sleep much but after that I was fine. The most intense pain was the removal of these foam pads that are stuck to your chest; fielding ripped them off quick but with my chest hair, WOW was that painful! Also, those pads are the main source of discomfort for the first week until they are removed, they force you to sit and stand strangely because they tug on the skin and standing up straight hurts. Once they are gone though, its great being able to stick your chest out without worrying about those twin peaks sticking through :P

I knew theres a risk of infection/complication when going in, but its either this, wearing compression garments until im old enough not to care or just trying to come to terms with it. I loved going to the beach and playing with my dog when I didnt care about the boobs, but its been a couple years since ive taken my shirt off in public; ive missed out on so much since ive got it 10 years ago or so (im turning 21 soon) that I just had to do it. Even with the scar tissue making my nipples look sortof weird, Im absolutely loving the results so far. Once I can start pumping some iron, its going to look even better (im not a gym freak, a bit overweight in the gut but pretty alright otherwise. I dont want to lose much weight, just gain muscle :) )

Fielding didnt need any info/tests from my GP, the only concern was my asthma but its under control, took a puff a day the week leading to surgery and everything was good. I think part of the reason I didnt need any blood tests or anything is because im fairly young, and dont have any issues so there wasnt a need for it.

In terms of amount of scar tissue, its not too bad. Theres just these "strips" extending downwards towards the entrance hole for the lipo thingy from the nipple (not all the way), and they arent noticeable; however they are causing the nipple to poke out a bit. This isnt a concern at all since it will go away with time, if you look at my before photo you will see why.

My surgery was 1680 including tax, really a small price to pay for not having to live with gyno. I was pretty depressed for the previous half year solely because of that but already I feel much better (its not instant by any means), and now that depression is replaced by worrying about university, like i should be :) .

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
furiousgeorge thanks for sharing your experience it goes along way with making my decision. I read on some other threads of individuals having surgery under the local anasthesia and considering that option.

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
I did my surgery has been booked, no more contemplating now I just have to totally quit smoking over the next 5 days. Cant wait for the surgery now that it is booked.

I am having the surgery in early April, I am about 137 pounds with about a 12 to 15% body fat. Despite this my G is huge, I hope I will be somewhat to be able to take my shirt off in Late June earl July!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Fielding didnt need any info/tests from my GP.

Same here...  ;)

The only medical info that I gave JCF was what was on the med. history form that I filled out at his office.

So sorry for the late reply Smithers... my bad!   :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
No problem GB, my pre-opp appointment is Mar 3, I guess Leslie will let me know if anything else is required at that time.

For those of you who are curious about price, Fielding charges $2100.00 including GST. OHIP covers the remainder.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

For those of you who are curious about price, Fielding charges $2100.00 including GST. OHIP covers the remainder.

Actually, JCF doesn't have a 'set' fee. He seems to pull his quotes out of a hat. There is a member I was reading about just he other day. JCF is charging him $1680. However, regardless of the discrepancies in individual lipo fees, it's still a very small price to pay for piece-of-mind!!!

JCF is DA MAN!!!

GB

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
Maybe I should ask about getting a break.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Let us know how you go on with that...

GB

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
The hardest part of the pre-opp is quiting smoking, down to 3 cigarettes a day.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yeah, that's a tough one!

However, you can do anything you put you mind to...  ;)

GB

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
Hello everyone,

I had my surgery with Fielding yesterday. I will post in surgery experience.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

smithers...

Congrats dude!!!   

Welcome to the 'Other Side' my man...  ;)

GB

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
congrats, welcome to the other side, friend!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024