Author Topic: Two Endo's, two opinions.  (Read 1734 times)

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
Hello all

31 male with mild gyne in both right and left side of chest.  Right side is a bit larger.  I have extremely painful gyne and have for about 1.5 years.  The pain has increased to 24 hrs a day...to the point of being unbearable.  My primary has sent me to have a sonogram, mamogram, and xrays.  It was found that I have glands built up under each nipple...which for some reason is causing terrible pain.  I was sent to an endocrinologist who put me through the work when it comes to blood work.  I even have a 2 hour glucose tolerance test due to high sugar....turns out it's fine.  Anyway, the only thing that stood out after having everything tested twice is my testosterone.  It was 74!!  and then 340.  While the 74 is very low, the 340 is normal but very low for a healthy athletic 31 yr old.  He has started me on Testim testosterone gel.  Because of the pain, I wanted another endo opinion.  I went to a second endo who wants me off of the testim for 3 weeks and then is sending me to have a prostate exam before putting me on testim.  Has anyone heard of this?  I hate to think of stopping testim and then starting again later.

And of course all of my doctors and endo's have sent letters to insurance advising them that I'm in pain and need this stuff taken out.  I expect a NO, I'll appeal, expect another NO.  I'll pay for surgery at that point to get out of this pain.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The hormone tests will change over time. The amount of change you noted does seem rather extreem though.

The second issue is that of changing Dr. When you went to a different Endo, they wanted fresh tests from a lab they are familiar with which is completely reasonable. Also they want you to be off all medications that would influence the tests for a long enough time that they can get a relatively true "base line" result. This too is completely reasonable.

You will need to decide for yourself which of the Endo's you will see and go with what that Dr tells you for a time. You should stay with that Dr. for several months at least before you even consider changing to another Dr.

Jumping from one Dr. to another in a matter of days or weeks can confuse things a lot without producing any positive results. The results of jumping about like that will only be frustration for you and the Drs., lost time and lost money.

Stay with one Dr. for a while and be patient.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024