Author Topic: Chances of sucessful surgery and regrowth time frame?  (Read 1905 times)

Offline magicstyk

• Posting Member
  • R.I.P Gyno 12/8/08
I had my surgery done back in the first week in December with excision and slight lipo for pubertal gyno that I have lived with for 16 years. I wore the compression vest 24/7 for 8 weeks to be on the safe side and as most everyone here, I looked great at the 2-4 wk mark, , but now things are looking just as they did before surgery. I feel the lump and I will say it feels very similar to what I had before and it drives me crazy.

My 3 questions are:

1. My doc did hormone tests before hand and my estrogen levels were fine, testosterone was down some though. Is there any reason to believe that this imbalance could cause a regrowth and what would be the timeframe for that regrowth? Are there any other imbalances to look for possibly?

2. Are there other factors outside of estrogen that could cause gyno? I am not talking about meds either because I do not take anything other than an Aleve and Sinus meds every now and again.

3. Would everyone agree that if things look great 2-4 wks out with no issues that your chance of a successful outcome is pretty good?

4. Also I am an avid weightlifter. Does the repeated chest exercises on a weekly basis cause more scar tissue and if so, is that mean a longer heal time?

Thanks for any input and just to let the mods and other veteran contributors know, this site has helped me tremendously over the years and gave me the courage to finally move forward and get something done!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024