Author Topic: Booked Consult with Fielding  (Read 1950 times)

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Just got off of the phone and the Westjet website, and everything is now booked for my consultation. I always want to know details about people's experience, so I will provide some from mine.

Receptionist was helpful, gave me detailed instructions about how to get from the airport to the office by public transit, which is good since I just spent all of my earthly monies on that flight.

I fly in to Toronto from Vancouver overnight on the night of the 19th of this month, and then fly back to Vancouver at 3:15 after my appointment on the 20th. I got a good fare going to Toronto, and a so so fare coming back. Had I gotten the same cheap fare both ways I would be happier, but that said I am happy to be getting in there sooner, as I am starting a summer semester at school in May.

My flight there was 174, my flight back was 244, and in total with taxes and various charges, it was 533.00.

She told me she could give me hotel information for the surgery day but I will do my own research as well.

She said surgery is on Wednesdays, and I would be discharged on the Friday, once I had seen the Dr. again.

Curiously I asked about booking my surgery at the same time, as someone recently mentioned doing that before even having their consult, but she said she never does that and can not do it. That said I am hoping it is sooner in May, so I don't miss important classes.

I think that is all the information I can offer at the moment.

Thanks to everyone on the board for sharing all their experiences, that lead me to make this call, even though it took a long time to do so.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Welcome to the boards. Making the call for the consult is probably the hardest step in this journey. Keep us posted of your progress!

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
Congrats on booking your consult, I had my surgery with Fielding last week and I can't say enough good things about him.

Offline MosquitoBites

• Posting Member
I have a consult on the same day, probably the one right before yours, 1:00.

Congrats on taking the first step!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024