Author Topic: is gyne surgery a cake-walk?  (Read 5924 times)

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I think a person's mindset and mental fortitude will determine how easy or difficult the surgery is going to be. I think it would be negligent to suggest that are absolutely NO risks involved with surgery or that there aren't unhappy post-op people (more than a year past their ops). At the same time, I really can't think of any transaction in life that doesn't have an element of risk or doubt - apart from death and taxes. Almost all the horror stories I have encountered here involved the fly by night Dr. Nick type surgeons that could have been found out with just a little due diligence on the part of the consumer. Do your research, spend the money using an EXPERIENCE and REPUTABLE surgeon with a demonstrable and proven track record, and yes, getting rid of those manboobs which have made your life miserable can be as close to a cake-walk as you can get!

Offline rdy4chng

• Posting Member
I personally think that the surgery part was cake, there was almost no pain and what was present was so insignificant that it wasn't a big deal.  But, on the mental/emotional side.  I have to say I was a mess, because I'm had very high expectations and after seeing the result at day three I flipped out.  Looking back, I laugh at my response.  GB is very right, you have to give things time, a lot of time to heal.  Every day or two mine results look better.  I discussed with my doctor the right side which is still more swollen than the left.  He reasured me that he believes it will flatten out and look more like the other side, but I have to give it time.  I admit, I wanted to see the results instantly and was having all sorts of stress over it.  Somtimes still I get a little upset of the idea of a revision, but even if I had to have a small touch up it would have been totally worth it.  At my current state, post 4 wks.  I feel like I'm about 95% where I want to be, if over the next weeks or months it all settles and the swelling goes down then great, either way I'm happy and feel much better then presurgery. 

So to sum up my response: physical part is "cake" and mental/emotional part is or can be difficult.  Just have a good support network AND make sure the PS office has a good team/staff to help you in those moments you need someone to call and talk to.

Offline karnik_y

• Posting Member
Hi rdy4chng , good to hear about your post-op experience.have you posted your pre-op/post-op pics anywhere?
thanks
karnik

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member

Can you notice the gyno with your shirt on or do you need to take your shirt off to see it?

With me, I can't hide it even with my shirt on. If the wind is blowing, I try to walk the other way to prevent it from showing,etc..

If it is caused by mostly fat, them maybe smart lipo ( laser lipo with less then a 1mm incision needed) might be something to consider? I am not sure.

Do you have any pictures you can post?

Yeah this was the turning point for me I think; I'm an older guy and it was never noticable except with my shirt off or if I wore a tight Tee or polo. Now, over the years, it's gotten so that it shows under almost all shirt. And I'm going for surgery.

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
Bambu -

Exactly. People often have unrealistic expectations. They feel like as soon as they walk out of the hospital/office, they're going to have a flat chest and only need a couple of weeks to get over the soreness and then.. BAM! Cured! Unfortunately, as we know, it doesn't quite work THAT fast.

Personally, I'm about 10 days post-op and I'm looking better and feeling better every day. However, I realize my body is going to take a few months before it heals completely and I see the absolute final result.

To be honest, that part of it really isn't even that bad. In my case, even with a little bit of swelling, I still feel MUCH more comfortable and there's still enough of a difference where I feel like I could wear a tight t-shirt right now and nobody would ever say anything. If the scars were healed and the bruising was gone and I went to the beach tomorrow, I could guarantee I would not get a single comment regarding any sort of large chest.

Sounds good to me. Having it done on June 16th. Looking forward to it actually, plus a few days in NYC.

Offline rdy4chng

• Posting Member
Hi rdy4chng , good to hear about your post-op experience.have you posted your pre-op/post-op pics anywhere?
thanks
karnik

Hi Karnik,

I haven't posted any photos yet, I really need to though, it's been 5 weeks come this tuesday.  I'll try to soon here.

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
I wouldn't say it was cakewalk at all.  I might even say it sucked.  But damn, it was worth it. 

In my experience, the first week wasn't much fun.  Yeah, it was a lot like a really hard workout I guess, similar sensation, but a week's duration.  After the first four days things started to get drastically better day by day. 

It WAS without a doubt worth it to me.  Whether it's worth it to you, well I'm not the right person to ask....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024