Author Topic: A few beers now and then!  (Read 2619 times)

Banobo

Alright peeps, I've heard that there's a lot of Estrogens in the hops of beer, something like that anyway. I'm not a drinker to be honest but now and then a couple of millers go down well on a nice sunny BBQ day. Now that I'm post op that's never likely going to cause an issue is it?

This goes out to anyone who is better clued up than myself, Doctors or anyone really!

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
Beer doesn't cause gyno dude drink up.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
good question imo.  Beer does cause a rise in estrogen so at that point I'd assume it depends on how the individual's body reacts to the increase in estrogen.  Some people are more estrogen sensitive (goes along with the does pot cause gyne question) and some people, this wouldn't affect at all.  In then end I'd guess...is it possible? yes.  Is it likely?  no.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Agreed!!!

I've been post-op for 4+ years now and the G hasn't returned. Have hoisted a few since surgery...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Banobo

Alright guys,

I don't think I'm hyper sensitive to beer as I've been a keen drinker in the past but always stayed slim and gyno never got worse but with having surgery i thought I'd get peoples input.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Phyto-Estrogens are to be found in many plants that find their way onto our dinner plates or into our beverages. They are so very weak compared to the real hormones that it is very difficult to imagine them having a serious impact on Gynecomastia. Especially so in an otherwise well balanced diet.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:02:26 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline industry7

• Posting Member

Regular beer consumption has been proven to elevate prolactin levels, which is the hormone that makes women's breasts enlarge and begin secreting milk when they're pregnant.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While I admit that I could be a bit in the dark here, I am of the belief that fluctuations in prolactin levels amounting to a few points one way or the other are relatively innocuous. When problems arise the prolactin levels are two or more times normal not just slightly elevated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024