Author Topic: Massage?  (Read 7982 times)

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Can anyone who has had surgery with Lista and has been massaging clear up what it is they are actually doing?
Dr Lista's nurse told me to massage the lumpy spots (what you refer to in your post, under the skin) on my chests using Arnica Gel. I had to start 1 week post-op, 3 times a day for 5 minutes with the my fingertips. On my 2 weeks follow-up, Dr Lista made sure I was massaging as directed.

I've been doing it since and I'm 4 weeks post op now. I have no idea on whether it has had an impact but I have very minor swelling and just a little bit of scar tissue.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
My comments were in no way related to your post, I found it quite informative, balanced and well written.

manwithnoname,

thanks, man. I really appreciate that.

Can anyone who has had surgery with Lista and has been massaging clear up what it is they are actually doing?
Dr Lista's nurse told me to massage the lumpy spots (what you refer to in your post, under the skin) on my chests using Arnica Gel. I had to start 1 week post-op, 3 times a day for 5 minutes with the my fingertips. On my 2 weeks follow-up, Dr Lista made sure I was massaging as directed.

I've been doing it since and I'm 4 weeks post op now. I have no idea on whether it has had an impact but I have very minor swelling and just a little bit of scar tissue.

My experience was similar. The only (minor) difference as that at the 2 week follow-up and thereafter Dr. Lista told me to apply more pressure on the scar tissue than I was doing since it was as sore as it was the first 2 weeks of post-op.

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member

As far as massaging a cut goes, I am not even sure what that was supposed to argue, but I would much rather have a band aid on a cut

Let me help you.  After you have a cut, you have a scar.  If you massage this surface scar, do you think it will go away?  It's a visual, that people can relate to and most would agree that massing your scar from the cut will not quicken the healing process.  It follows that the same applies to a scar under the skin.

When the doctor tells you to massage it, he only refers to the scar tissue forming under the skin. The surface scars are different.

Dr Fielding actually told me to massage it. He told me, don't massage it gently, but use enough force so that it assists in breaking down the scar tissue till is dissipates.  (He didn't show me on my chest b/c that would just be weird)
So, massage if you want. the most it can do is help.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Dude...

No need to massage. Just let MoNa do her thing and be patient!  ;)

GB...

MoNa gave me gyne in the first place. Not sure I would trust her again... ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024