Author Topic: is liposuction always neccessary??  (Read 2213 times)

Offline nippleboy5

• Posting Member
Is liposuction always necessary when having gynocomastia surgery?

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
its a matter of choice.
If you want to get rid of the chest fats, too, go for a lipo.
If your wallet say no-no because liposuction will just add-up to the cost of the surgery, you can at least choose the
natural way, exercise. =)
*** THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF WASTED TIME IS THE TIME NOT GETTING STARTED. ***

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
in some cases it may not be used at all.  where it's the only technique, it tends to leave gland mass behind and therefore probably a dissatisfied customer.  in other cases it may be used for touch up. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you are a body builder, and have a negative BMI, then lipo wouldn't be required...

However, for most, lipo would be advised...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I my opinion, some type of lipo is necessary with virtually every gyne procedure.  The lipo cannula not only serves to remove fat (and breast tissue as well in certain cases), but it also serves as an instrument to smooth out the surrounding skin and blend the operated upon area into the surrounding peripheral areas.

In cases of body builders where there is just a discrete mass of tissue beneath the areolas and minimal surrounding fat, I will still use the cannula -- but without suction -- basically to blend the tissues and provide a smooth interface between the surrounding skin and the nipple area.

Personally I do not understand why there should be a differentiation of techniques or fees.  When I am requested to perform a gyne operation, there is only one surgical fee -- that fee is to get the best result possible no matter what technique is required -- lipo alone, excision alone or usually both.  I see no sense whatsoever in breaking down a fee into component parts according to what needs to be done.

My personal promise to my patients:  I will do whatever is necessary to get the job done!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
no pun, but good points. 

DrBermant

Is liposuction always necessary when having gynocomastia surgery?

Liposuction is a normal tool for contouring the fat of the body.  I always use it as part of my Dynamic Technique.  This may take the form of Liposuction or Microliposuction.

I have seen many horrible complications from excision only gynecomastia surgery that frequently present as Crater Deformities after Bad Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024