Author Topic: questions from a new member  (Read 4321 times)

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
Hi there,
I'm 38 yrs old and suffered from gynecomastia for about 25 yrs. I had ultrasonic lipo 10 yrs ago...and it did nothing?
Now I'm considering more surgery (too remove the breat tissue)
My question is "are there any natural cures that I am overlooking. I was just surfing the net and saw a book -"chest fat burning guide"
Also saw suppliments "'diet aid of questionable value'" and "'diet aid of questionable value'". Do any of these help?
Also, is it too late to check my estrogen levels?
thanks

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude... there is no 'miracle' cure...  Surgical removal is the only answer...

Sure, it couldn't hurt to consult with an Endocrinologist...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
Dude... there is no 'miracle' cure...  Surgical removal is the only answer...

Sure, it couldn't hurt to consult with an Endocrinologist...

GB...

ok thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The people who market that junk were frequently posting Phoney success stories and using the site to promote their junk.

It was difficult to remove their garbage as fast as they could post it so the product name was blocked and you see the result if you try to post the product name here.

The unfortunate truth is that there is no miracle cure.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i always liked that line from the simpsons episode where homer gets a hair tonic, maybe off a late night infomercial or something, he says something like, "marge, this isn't some cheap fly by night flim-flam, this is a 'miracle breakthrough!'"  ;D 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
i always liked that line from the simpsons episode where homer gets a hair tonic, maybe off a late night infomercial or something, he says something like, "marge, this isn't some cheap fly by night flim-flam, this is a 'miracle breakthrough!'"  ;D 
ya, were always looking for a quick fix solution. I'm just trying to check everything first as I'm beginning to deal with this again after many years of denial

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
The people who market that junk were frequently posting Phoney success stories and using the site to promote their junk.

It was difficult to remove their garbage as fast as they could post it so the product name was blocked and you see the result if you try to post the product name here.

The unfortunate truth is that there is no miracle cure.
I thought so, just wanted to see if I was missing anything. Thanks for the "heads up" I was actually considering ordering it originally; before I found that site.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Please do not waste your money.  Just think, if there were truly something that you could take by mouth, everyone on this site would know about it and would be using it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Please do not waste your money.  Just think, if there were truly something that you could take by mouth, everyone on this site would know about it and would be using it.

Dr Jacobs

;)

GB...

DrBermant

Hi there,
I'm 38 yrs old and suffered from gynecomastia for about 25 yrs. I had ultrasonic lipo 10 yrs ago...and it did nothing?
My question is "are there any natural cures that I am overlooking. I was just surfing the net and saw a book -"chest fat burning guide"
Also saw suppliments "'diet aid of questionable value'" and "'diet aid of questionable value'". Do any of these help?
thanks

I have seen just too many failures from liposuction only surgery for gynecomastia. 

Here is an example of Revision Surgery after Liposuction alone.   

Here is another revision after liposuction alone.

I have never seen actual valid results posted or in the literature from such diet aids. If it worked, then someone should be able to demonstrate it with actual controlled before / after documentation.

Options for endocrinology evaluation depend on many factors. Many years ago the issue came up if all gynecomastia patients should be evaluated by endocrinology, none, or just which ones.

With the help of endocrinologists over the years, I have evolved a Red Flag system of Gynecomastia Symptoms.  This method was received well during my invited Gynecomastia lecture at the American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists 2008 national meeting.

There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia that I have seen over the years.  When a patient has significant red flags, I request an endocrinology evaluation first.  I prefer to sculpt a stable problem whenever possible before surgery.  That is how I am able to help my patients keeping risk of recurrence so low.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
Hi there,
thanks

I have seen just too many failures from liposuction only surgery for gynecomastia. 

Here is an example of Revision Surgery after Liposuction alone.   

Here is another revision after liposuction alone.

I have never seen actual valid results posted or in the literature from such diet aids. If it worked, then someone should be able to demonstrate it with actual controlled before / after documentation.

Options for endocrinology evaluation depend on many factors. Many years ago the issue came up if all gynecomastia patients should be evaluated by endocrinology, none, or just which ones.

With the help of endocrinologists over the years, I have evolved a Red Flag system of Gynecomastia Symptoms.  This method was received well during my invited Gynecomastia lecture at the American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists 2008 national meeting.

There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia that I have seen over the years.  When a patient has significant red flags, I request an endocrinology evaluation first.  I prefer to sculpt a stable problem whenever possible before surgery.  That is how I am able to help my patients keeping risk of recurrence so low.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction[/
thanks for your advise

DrBermant

thanks for your advise

You are quite welcome!

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024