Author Topic: Peace to GB and the rest of my fellow Canadians that went with Fielding...  (Read 6833 times)

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
So for starters, here are my stats:

Age - 22
Height - 6'1"
Weight - Approx 200-205 pounds

I have had what I believe is a MILD case of gyne ever since I was around 10 or 12. I didn't even know about the condition until I Googled "puffy nipples" about 3 days ago. All the information on this site has really opened up my eyes. I'm including some pics so you can see what I'm dealing with.

http://img268.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=imm20090920175149347.jpg

So as you can see, I don't have a terrible case and I'm at a relatively healthy weight. Regardless, those nipples and chest peaks might have been ok when I was a chubby kid, but now that I'm in my 20's, I work 40 hours a week at a manual labour job, and I do push ups while I work... they just don't cut it anymore.

I still have never had a doctor confirm my gyne, but just from posting pics in the other threads and reading, I'm pretty sure I do indeed have some gland in there... gland that I don't want.

So, basically, when I wake up tomorrow morning, I'm going to phone Dr. Fielding's office and schedule a consultation. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for me from here on out?

Oh, and maybe some opinions on my pics? I'm relatively happy with my physique just the way it is... but it's just been so eye opening learning about gynecomastia... I think I might be barking up the wrong tree with all those push ups. I don't think I'm ever going to achieve the results I want. Or could I?

What do you guys think? With those nips and those mounds... that can't be baby fat. Not after all I've read and learned.

Thanks to all... and to all peace, love and bacon grease.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What do you guys think? With those nips and those mounds... that can't be baby fat. Not after all I've read and learned.

Dude... no amount of push-ups will get rid of your G.

Dr. Fielding can 'fix' you...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

So, basically, when I wake up tomorrow morning, I'm going to phone Dr. Fielding's office and schedule a consultation. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for me from here on out?

So... did ya make the call?

Thanks to all... and to all peace, love and bacon grease.

What's with the 'bacon grease' dude?

GB...

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Well, I did indeed make the call. My consultation with Fielding is scheduled for October 15th. I also scheduled a consultation with Dr. Levine (who I don't intend to use) just to get another surgeon's opinion. PLUS, I went to see a GP this week just to have him examine my chest. He confirmed that I have masses behind my areolas that will never go away from any amount of exercise or dieting. I asked him about surgery and he then asked me if I understood that it would be purely cosmetic. I told him I did and then he said that he feels it wouldn't be an incredibly complex procedure and if it's something that bothers me then he sees no reason why I shouldn't get it done.

Ever since I was 10 or 12, people would stare when I removed my shirt or remark "wow, you have big nipples". Those are the nice comments, not including the people who used to tell me I had bitch breasts. When I was in grade 7, I even went as far as to put duct tape over my areolas to make my chest look flatter. Every shirt I wore from then on had to compliment my chest or else I couldn't wear it for fear of looks and ridicule. Now that I'm 22 and I'm much more trim than I've ever been, even though my case is mild, I still see no reason why I should keep these little mounds at the bottom of my chest. Weight loss definitely reduced them, but like you said... there's no other way to get rid of the 'gyne'.

So, after discussing all of that with the GP, he said I should go ahead and make an appointment with a surgeon (not knowing I'd already made two). And here I am, 'patiently' waiting. My consultation with Levine is actually this Wednesday. Again, I'm just going to go and show him my chest, ask some questions about what kind of results he thinks I'll get and throw another doctor's opinion on the pile. By the time I meet Fielding, unless something durastic happens to change my mind, I think I'll more or less just be booking the surgery.

I e-mailed my family about the condition and my decision and they're all very supportive except for my dad. My dad isn't against it or anything, I just don't think he fully grasps the idea of the glands in my chest. He and I share a similar build and he said "I think you're always going to have a puffy chest, I don't think surgery's the answer". I don't think he's fully clued into the fact that once the gland is gone, my skin is actually going to attach itself to the new contour of my chest. He's under the impression that it's still just regular fat tissue and not breast. Maybe he's in a bit of denial himself, but he's 54 and relatively comfortable with his body image. He's probably not too interested in spending $2000 or so to get his old chest sculpted anyways. I'm going to send him a few more before and after pics to see if I can show him the light.

I told my manager at work about it and all of my fellow employees. Everyone's cracking jokes, but they're very supportive. Most of them never even noticed because I do such a good job of hiding my slight case.

Now comes the waiting game... I'm actually very excited. I couldn't have timed it better either. I'm thinking that I should get my surgery in late Oct. or early Nov. and then have the entire winter to heal and be ready for summer, GLAND FREE! I've stopped smoking dope and seriously cut back on my booze and womanizing. I just have a little bit of money to save to ensure I have any lipo costs covered and boom! Assuming everything goes well, no more slouching, no more tedious shirt selections and an empowering story to share with all future victims.

Much thanks again to all of you for your support and understanding. The bacon grease was just me cracking wise :D.

I'll keep you all updated.

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member
Good luck mate!
Thats unreal that you don't feel the need to hide this even from your work colleagues.
I had it done a week ago to the day! and its not such a bad experience. Well today i feel pretty damn good and when i was cleaning under my vest and arms (no shower till i see the doc tomoz) i found myself laughing, actually laughing with happiness that i have "normal" looking nipples and now an awesome chest. At first i was a bit concerned with the swelling (which there still is) and about the scars and that one nipple had a divot in it, but its only been a week and iam already glad that i made the decision.
My case was similar to yours as the rest of me was in good shape but the glands were really depressing. As long as all goes to plan you WILL NOT regret doing this.

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
UPDATE TIME!

I've been MIA for a while now, but I'm back and in full force. Now for the details:

I went for the consult. with Dr. Levine as I said I would. He seemed quite knowledgeable in the area and actually operates very similarly to how Fielding does. He too does his operations at St. Joe's and he quoted me at $2000. I took his opinion and went back into waiting until my consult. with Fielding.

The Fielding consult. was relatively the same EXCEPT he quoted me at $2100. Still though, after he examined my chest and agreed that surgery was the only thing that would give me some shape, I booked my surgery with him. I just couldn't say no to his reputation. And I just have to take this time to point out that YES, he was very nice and easy to talk to... but I don't know why so many people seem to be surprised by this. He's running a business, so in a sense, he's a salesman. How would you expect a dude who intends to cut you open to treat you? I personally don't think he gives a NUT about you or me on anything more than a professional level. He cares about his work and leaving you with a good result. The rest is just filler. I'm sorry to burst any bubbles, but thems is the facts.

Anyways, I got my surgery bumped up to October 28th and was quite excited. I've had three previous (unrelated) surgeries, so the process was nothing new. I went in, did the paper work, got changed and then waited... and waited... and waited... and......... waited. Finally, it was my turn, I went in cucumber cool, lied down and next thing you know I woke up. My chest was bandaged and wrapped in a vest and the nurse gave me 2 percs. I dozed off and woke up a few more times then my friend came to get me and I hopped up and left. I filled out my perscription for 20 more percs, but I'm now on day 3 and I have 18 left. Pain is minimal. It's more like discomfort as everyone seems to describe. Sleeping on my back all the time is the biggest bitch. My arm mobility is a bit limited still, but that's why I'm taking it easy. I'll only be doing light things at work this next week and then I'm on vacation in B.C. for the one after. Pain is pretty even, but if I had to choose, I'd say the left is slightly worse.

Now I play the waiting game. These pads get ripped off on Nov. 6th and then I'm on vacation. The whole process was a breeze for me and I owe a lot of it to all of you on here for the support. THANKS GUYS!

And to the new comers, if you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

PEACE!

Offline bumba

Dont you only have to keep the pads on for a week. I was wondering why u were going to wait until nov 6? Congrats on the surgery.

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Thanks!

Fielding isn't going to be in the Ambulatory Clinic this week. I have to catch him in Minor Surgery on Friday instead. I don't mind leaving the pads on for a couple extra days though. I assume it will keep everything nice and compressed and keep the swelling down.

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Unfortunately, Dr. Fielding got called out today so I had to see a nurse instead. She removed my foam pads and I saw my chest... and thought to myself "holy darn... that's FLAT!"

I'd say I'm about 95% happy with the job as it stands right now. I definitely have a bit of a crater effect around the right nipple which is most obvious when I flex. The left craters a little too, but only when flexing. I also understand that I'm only 9 DAYS into my recovery, so... I have many months to earn that other 5%. Regardless, I'm still much happier now than when I started  ;D

It's nice being 6'1 and not my usual 5'10 with a slouch... and this LARGE shirt actually looks nice on me. No more relying on XL and XXL for my confidence. I will post more pics as the healing continues, but for now...

9 days post-op... before and afters...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:12:36 PM by KWS86 »

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
looks good dude,

i'm going in for my 3 month post op appt with fielding later this month.

my healing went well except that my nipples are still retarded. the left one is creased (unless its cold, then it actually looks normal) and the right one has swollen up and gotten puffy and there is loads of scar tissue (hard lumpy masses) on the right side.

i guess its all about the waiting game!

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Thanks bro.

Do you have pics? And was your chest as flat as mine is at 11 days post op? I'm very pleased with my results currently. I'm actually dreading the possibility of swelling and puffy nipples...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm very pleased with my results currently.

That's awesome... Congrats!!!

Nice results so far dude...

GB...

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
Hey dude,

I see you got really good results within the first 1 week itself. Thts great. COngrats!!

I bet it is even better now considering that its been over 6 weeks.

You mentioned something about small craters. I was curious to know if they filled out yet. I had surgery myself 2 weeks ago, and might have something similar going on post-op.

Keep us posted! :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024