Author Topic: My puffy nipples..how can I get rid? shots or surgery  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Syroco

• Posting Member
So I have two options. Basically the cosmetic surgery or testosterone shots (which I really don't want to do..)

My hormone levels are getting evaluated in two weeks and if my testosterone is low they will most likely advice me to take shots.

Do testosterone shots even work? Or should I just get the surgery..
My puffy nipples aren't THAT bad but on certain days they can get more puffy and tender than others.

also, if the surgery becomes the option for me, are there any good surgeons in Arizona?

pics:

DrBermant

So I have two options. Basically the cosmetic surgery or testosterone shots (which I really don't want to do..)

My hormone levels are getting evaluated in two weeks and if my testosterone is low they will most likely advice me to take shots.

Do testosterone shots even work? Or should I just get the surgery..
My puffy nipples aren't THAT bad but on certain days they can get more puffy and tender than others.

also, if the surgery becomes the option for me, are there any good surgeons in Arizona?

pics:

Testosterone treatment is a lifelong affair and not something to be trivialized. Once started, the body senses the testicle's no longer need to be stimulated to make the hormone and the external source needs to be maintained.  Injections of testosterone is less used today because the hormone levels peak too high and then go too low and are much less natural (physiologic) than external testosterone systems applied once a day.

Once breast growth has been stabilized, Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Surgery is a fine option in the right surgeon's hands.  Make sure you look for many before / after pictures of that surgeon's skills.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Syroco

• Posting Member
Good to know. I will probably cancel my appointment now and try and schedule a surgery. Do you know of any good surgeons in the Phoenix area? Also what can I expect with a surgery like this?

DrBermant

Good to know. I will probably cancel my appointment now and try and schedule a surgery. Do you know of any good surgeons in the Phoenix area? Also what can I expect with a surgery like this?

We see many patients from Phoenix and around the world who prefer my techniques. To minimize travel they often start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.  I posted a section on how to choose your gynecomastia surgeon here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024