Author Topic: Compression vest tightness  (Read 4144 times)

Offline teslacoil

• Posting Member
I just had my surgery yesterday (dec 11) and everything went well. The pain is not too unbearable, but the compression vest has seemed to cause my abdomen/mid section to go numb and bulge out the sides a bit. Is this normal for these first few days until I can take off the vest for the first time to shower. There is also an ace bandage wrapped around the vest too.
thanks everyone

Offline teslacoil

• Posting Member
I should also add I am very skinny about 6' 1" 145 lbs. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Numb?  That might be a bit much.  The one my doc fitted me for is very snug, but I don't feel numb in it.

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
I had my surgery on the Dec 3, and was suffering similar problems with my compression garment. It pushed down so hard on my abdomen, that I actually started getting constipation. On top of that it would bite down so sharply into my mid back that I could hardly sit erect.

The good news is that this is a passing phase. You will feel this discomfort for the first 7 to 10 days, then start feeling fine. Not only will you get used to the vest, but the vest will also stretch a bit to fit your contours better.

Offline teslacoil

• Posting Member
thanks, yeah its been a few days now and i guess i am just more used to it and its more contoured and stetched. That was really frustrating at first since it seemed the most pain i was having was in an area not even involved with the surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024