Author Topic: TO EVERYONE THATS WEARS A BRA  (Read 8563 times)

Offline kevo

• Posting Member
Hi a question to everyone who wears a BRA. About 18 months ago my blood pressure was quite high and my doctor put me on a highest dose of tablets for a few months and my breasts grew to a full B cup size in bras and they were also sore and tender for months and still are to a point as my blood pressure was due to stress related problems but i was able to able go back to my normal dose of tablets after my blood pressure came down to normal levels and my breasts are now between an A/B cup size. but the downside of the increased meds is tender nipples which are of a normal size by the way, which causes me the most problems and thats the main reason i wear a Bra to stop the rubbing against my nipples not because of just the size of my breasts though i do fill a bra quite well.  I just wondered is there any others out there like me that wear a bra for the same reason as i do to protect there nipples, and not wear one because of there breast size i would be grateful for any feedback on this matter thanks Kev

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
I think anyone who wears a bra does so to support the breasts to make them more comfortable in day to day activities where they may "jiggle" or rub uncomfortably.--- Male OR female.

The only other possible reasons are; cross dressers, who get some kind of thrill and young girls, who want to be seen as "grown up" even tho they dont have any breasts yet!

I cant think of any other reasons ::)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
From time to time my nipples are frustratingly sensitive, but not that often.  For me it is more of comfort to keep them from jiggling and keeping them off my chest.  I have been wearing an athletic bra for about 2-3 weeks now and honestly, I feel 100x better.   I also like that it hides my nipples, they aren't big, but they always seem to show thru my shirts....   

I haven't been officially measured, but my wife's c-cup bra (I tried on to get idea of size) fits well, but the cup is a tad loose, so not quite a 40C.  I have an XL Champion 2994 sports bra I found in black.   I wouldn't mind a tad tighter, but not sure that is good to do, don't want to make it more visible by the skin being pulled in more and curves show up....

I was on bp meds for a while, lisinopril I think.  Is that one of the meds that causes gyne?  I am not on it now, I didn't get the script renewed and when I had surgery last year I had to have a cardiolist do a stress test and I passed with flying colors (yea!!).  So no bp meds are needed per my dr....

To me it is a pain to need to wear, but sure more comfortable and improved daily life wearing it than not.  But I am worried about how it will be when it gets warm out....

Offline kevo

• Posting Member
Hi a question to everyone who wears a BRA. About 18 months ago my blood pressure was quite high and my doctor put me on a highest dose of tablets for a few months and my breasts grew to a full B cup size in bras and they were also sore and tender for months and still are to a point as my blood pressure was due to stress related problems but i was able to able go back to my normal dose of tablets after my blood pressure came down to normal levels and my breasts are now between an A/B cup size. but the downside of the increased meds is tender nipples which are of a normal size by the way, which causes me the most problems and thats the main reason i wear a Bra to stop the rubbing against my nipples not because of just the size of my breasts though i do fill a bra quite well.  I just wondered is there any others out there like me that wear a bra for the same reason as i do to protect there nipples, and not wear one because of there breast size i would be grateful for any feedback on this matter thanks Kev

Nearly 300 views to this question and only a few replys thanks to those who have replyed , but come on good people feedback is always good thanks Kev

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Kevo,

I have stated elsewhere that I wear a bra for comfort and support. Comfort for me includes protecting my nipples. Mine become quite sensitive at times and since I drive for a living they are constantly in motion. That means that I do in fact wear a bra (at least in part), to protect my nipples. Of course, there are other reasons I wear a bra - like support.

While I understand your desire to double-check yourself with others who wear a bra, none of us have to live in your body, and you don't have to live in ours. We have breasts. That's something we share. However, we're all different people in different bodies with different sensations and tolerances for those sensations. The point is that you should trust your decision to wear a bra for the reasons that you do. We may not have exactly the same reasons for wearing a bra, but we have exactly the same problem - Gynecomastia.

Anon

Offline kevo

• Posting Member
Kevo,

I have stated elsewhere that I wear a bra for comfort and support. Comfort for me includes protecting my nipples. Mine become quite sensitive at times and since I drive for a living they are constantly in motion. That means that I do in fact wear a bra (at least in part), to protect my nipples. Of course, there are other reasons I wear a bra - like support.

While I understand your desire to double-check yourself with others who wear a bra, none of us have to live in your body, and you don't have to live in ours. We have breasts. That's something we share. However, we're all different people in different bodies with different sensations and tolerances for those sensations. The point is that you should trust your decision to wear a bra for the reasons that you do. We may not have exactly the same reasons for wearing a bra, but we have exactly the same problem - Gynecomastia.

Anon

Anon

I agree totally with this reply and your right we all have are reasons for wearing a bra like i do, and its nice to know your not alone with this problem thanks again Kev

Offline gotgyne

Well, I became aware of my breasts as I jumped downstairs some time ago. It hurt a lot. Of course I noticed them in the mirror before, but never felt such discomfort. At that time I started to wear a bra.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Sorta how I felt but didn't realize it.  I finally got the courage on a trip alone to buy a sports bra, and wearing it to work, I usually take the stairs down when I don't have my laptop in tow, and found that I was flying down the stairs again like I used to.  I didn't realize that I had slowed so much over it subconsciously.

Offline kevo

• Posting Member
A little off topic, and not sure if you've considered aerobic exercise as a solution to your hypertension

unless its  actually in the 160's exercise will probably drop it by 10 or more mmhg

and a change in diet can d the same as well

and ten you wouldn't have to take those pills that are enlarging your chest

just my 2 cents

I would like to point out that i do exercise through work and going to the gym twice a week and my blood pressure is well under control now and agree exercise does help, but once your on blood pressure tablets your on them for life and can,t ever stop once taking them cheers Kevo

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You have found out the hard way that some blood pressure medications, especially Beta Blockers, can cause Gynecomastia.  There may be specific reasons why the Doctor wants you to continue to take this particular type of medication. If this is the case then you would be wise to listen to your Doctor. On the other hand, it might be possible to use a different drug or even a combination of drugs that would have the desired effect. 

In my own case, I knew about Beta Blockers before I started needing medication for hypertension so I started out on Calcium Channel Blockers. I now take low dosages of three different medications for heart and blood pressure. One of the Meds is a Beta Blocker but I take it in a low dose and I have not noticed any change in the Gynecomastia.

The Doctors have multiple concerns and they will usually try to give you the drug that will do the job with the least undesirable side effects and at the lowest price. Sometimes achieving this balance is not easy. Your duty is to let your concerns be known to the Doctor, it makes his job much easier and you too are happier as a result. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
What sort of bp meds? I was on Lisinopril for a year or 2, but before my rotator cuff surgery last year I had to see a cariologist and he wanted a stress test (BP showed high), and after he gave me clean bill and said I didn't need to take any meds for BP. 

Is Lisinopril one that causes g?  I didn't have anything noticeable before, but after is when I noticed, but it wasn't overnight change. 

I just looked up it is an ACE Inhibitor, is that a beta blocker?

You have found out the hard way that some blood pressure medications, especially Beta Blockers, can cause Gynecomastia.  There may be specific reasons why the Doctor wants you to continue to take this particular type of medication. If this is the case then you would be wise to listen to your Doctor. On the other hand, it might be possible to use a different drug or even a combination of drugs that would have the desired effect. 

In my own case, I knew about Beta Blockers before I started needing medication for hypertension so I started out on Calcium Channel Blockers. I now take low dosages of three different medications for heart and blood pressure. One of the Meds is a Beta Blocker but I take it in a low dose and I have not noticed any change in the Gynecomastia.

The Doctors have multiple concerns and they will usually try to give you the drug that will do the job with the least undesirable side effects and at the lowest price. Sometimes achieving this balance is not easy. Your duty is to let your concerns be known to the Doctor, it makes his job much easier and you too are happier as a result. 

Offline gotgyne

I just looked up it is an ACE Inhibitor, is that a beta blocker?

No, they are completely different.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:50:50 PM by gotgyne »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As you have noted, Lisinopril is Not usually a problem.

Are you taking any other medications; Especially medications to prevent or stop male pattern baldness or those used to treat prostate problems? Antidepressants can be a problem also.

I had to stop using lisinopril because it caused a chronic cough and also muscle cramps. As I said though, there are lots of choices so a talk with the Doctor should be in order.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Motrin/Ibuprofin now and then, had taken Norco (aka Vicodin/Hydrocodone with only 325 mg tylenol vs 500mg) 10mg (2 pills every 8 hrs) when I had r-cuff surgery and a non narcotic pain killer.  But none long term, only was on them for a few weeks tops.  I avoid drugs as much as I can.  I take only as needed and that is it. 

As you have noted, Lisinopril is Not usually a problem.

Are you taking any other medications; Especially medications to prevent or stop male pattern baldness or those used to treat prostate problems?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024