Author Topic: gyne without the lumps?  (Read 3049 times)

Offline ndh75

is it possible? i used to have the lumps behind my nipples when i was 12 and it slowly went away over the years. But now there is nothing hard behind the nipple. But since going away they left puffy nipples. Is this still considerred gyne?

DeeDubStyle619

Yes. I am the same way

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
There are different types of breast tissue that is located behind the areola. If it is very dense breast tissue, it will be firm and lumpy.  If it is less dense mixed with fatty tissue, it will be spongy.  Either way, the increased volume will push on the areola, making it appear puffy
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The presence of gyne is diagnosed by an excess of tissue (usually an intermix of gland and fat), not by the presence or absence of lumps.  Indeed, some breast tissue can be soft and fat may feel hard -- it is exceedingly difficult to diagnose just by feel alone.

This is also true after surgery.  Some patients with excellent contour results are concerned that they can still "feel something."  That something may be either fat or breast tissue which the surgeon deliberately left so that there is no crater deformity -- or it may be some scar tissue that developed in the process of healing.  In any case, it doesn't matter if the contours are good.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
"Gyne without the lumps... is it possible?"

Why is it, that everyone assumes, that to have Gynecomasita, you must have a 'LUMP'

Gynecomastia, as defined by the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary is... excessive development of the breast in the male . The root of the word is: Gyne (woman like) and Mastos (breast)... Woman-like breast(s)...

Where in that definition does it say anything about 'lumps'?

GB...

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

is it possible? i used to have the lumps behind my nipples when i was 12 and it slowly went away over the years. But now there is nothing hard behind the nipple. But since going away they left puffy nipples. Is this still considerred gyne?

Gynecomastia is a contour problem. If the chest does not say male but has a female contour, even if it is Puffy Nipples such as in an immature female breast, then it is still gynecomastia. The Anatomy of Puffy Nipples consists of gland, fat, and skin. Although gland tends to be firm and fat soft, gland can be soft and fat firm. That is why Exam of the Male Chest alone will not differentiate between gland vs. fat.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024