Author Topic: Need to get something off my chest!  (Read 2425 times)

Offline timeforchange

• Posting Member
Hi all,

Came across this site a few weeks ago and it is a huge relief to know that other people worry about the same things as I have done for many years.

To give some of my background, I am 28 yrs old, weigh about a 180 pounds and am 5`11 in height.  Since around the age of 13 I have had what I always thought were enlarged breasts.  Everyone said that they would go down as I got older (at the that time I was in my early teens and quite overweight for my age) BUT they never did go away.  

I have attempted to exercise and diet for a number of months but to no avail.......they still remain.  I have recently come back from a 2 week sun holiday with the family, the shame I felt getting in and out of the swimming pool was really difficult to deal with.  Indeed I still cringe at the thought of it now I am home!

This is my first post into these forums and I am not really sure what to say, I just knew that i had to take this first step and begin dealing with the issue.  I have taken much heart in reading some of the other posts on the site and am glad to see that there are solutions available.

Apologies if I am being long winded and incoherent but I had to get it off my chest!!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Welcome to the boards.  Your story is very typical of many, and yes it does help hugely to know that you aren’t the only one with the condition.  It did for me.  I think you are right to have a good read of the postings on here.  Some you will be able to relate to and some you won’t, but it will give you hope of finding a way out of your situation.  You have already discovered that you have options, and that the light at the end of the tunnel is the way out and not a train coming towards you  ;).  Don’t rush into anything.  I think most of us benefit from the experience of others by reading and posting on these boards.

Keep us posted of what, if anything, you decide to do.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Hi, welcome! There is plenty of advice here, good and bad! Do your research, get the facts, decide what's best for you. You have taken the hardest step in "coming out" as it were. Take strength from the experiences of others who have gone before - I did. It is good to know that you are not alone in either having this condition or wanting to do something about it. Good luck!
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline timeforchange

• Posting Member
Thank you so much for the welcome!

It really is a huge relief to begin this process of not only discussing things but also to start thinking about the solution.  There does seem to be a great deal of information within these boards.  

I am undecided as to what I should do at the moment.  Surgery certainly seems to be a strong possibility but I have also come across a technique known as lipo dissolve.  Does anyone know much about this?  Would the results be as impressive?  The information i have read on the internet seems to suggest that the results of surgery are possible without the pain and anxiety.
Perhaps, I am being too gullible!!

Any information you guys have on this procedure would be much appreciated.  Do you know of anyone that has undergone the series of injections?

As you can gather Newbie here is excited at there being options and the possibility of light at the end of the tunnel!!

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
Dude, just remember that you're not alone.

Read through the posts, get all the info, and decide on a course of action for yourself. Just remember that you don't have to live with this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024